Chapter X

In the hospital, ''Bhai do you want anything else'' Yuvi asked

''Just a glass of water'' he replied
Vish gave him water. He drank that and closed his eyes. ''Bela where are you? You told me that you will be with me forever. But why didn't you stay?'' he thought.
"Are you thinking about maasi? If yes, then don't be sad because she will also cry if you cry" Madhuri pouted and the next moment hugged him so tightly.
"Madhu... No...my bones" he yelped "Oops, sorry" she said and giggled. He smiled at her cute antics and soon drifted a deep sleep because of medicines.

After 4 weeks, mahir and ruhi were discharged from the hospital. Both were totally fine except Mahir's left broken arm and few scars on Ruhi's body.

In Mahir's room... He was sitting on the bed, checking some files. Ruhi who was passing by his room saw this. "Aren't you suppose to rest?" she asked lifting her brow.
''Ruhi how can I rest when my business is on the verge of destruction. Within one month I lost 3 big deals. I think somebody is leaking our company details to someone.'' He replied frustrated.
"What!!!! Who have the guts to mess with the great Mr, Mahir Sehgal that." Ruhi said shocked which came out puke a joke.

''This is not a joke show Ruhi...I don't know what's happening. I don't know anything. I am totally blank. I feel like to go to somewhere I'll get some peace.'' He said and went to the balcony. Ruhi went to the balcony along with him. She thought for some time and said "Mahir, do you remember the officer who came to take our statement in the hospital. He gave me his visiting card to contact him if there is any necessary. Why don't we take his help?" She suggested. "Also, since he is the one who is investigating our accident, I think it will be a better choice."
"Ruhi, I don't know." He mumbled. "Mahir this is the third or fourth time you are telling me I don't know. If you repeat that again I am gonna punch..." Suddenly her scolding section was interrupted by a knock on the door.

In the hall... Both went downstairs only to find the one and only Rajat Tokas sitting on the sofa, examining the house through his suspicious police eyes.

''Hai Rajat'' Ruhi said smiling widely.

''Its ACP Rajat tokas for you miss ruhi Khanna'' he said still not making eye contact with her and it was more than enough to make a way out of her good book list. "Let's ditch this plan, shall we," she said to Mahir and he chuckled
"Hello sir, good to see you back,'' Mahir said and sat down opposite him.

"So Mahir..." But was cut off in the middle by her. "it's Mr Mahir Sehgal for you Mr Rajat Tokas" he gave her a sly smile and said.
" Mr Mahir Sehgal we are forced to close your case because first of all, there is high pressure from higher officials, and secondly, the person who tried to murder you both was found dead in his hideout yesterday, thus, leaving no evidence behind. Here, this is the case file." He said and handed him the case file. "It was very easy to track him down. Like the person itself was telling us. His name was Satheesh, A Malayali. He is a lorry driver. He is a very poor man with no family. Even after his death, we tried to dig information about his but unlucky you, we have strict orders from our officials to close the case. But now it's up to you." He stopped.
"What do you mean by that?" Mahir asked. Completely baffled by the revelations.
"When she was giving me the statement that day itself I knew she was hiding fa ew main factors about this case." He said looking at her. Ruhi shifted in her place uncomfortably. He continued. "If you reveal each and everything about the case to me, then still I can proceed with the case as we still have evidence. But if you are not ready, this all ends here but not your problems." He completed.

"How did the guy died?" Mahir asked still trying to process the facts. Rajat felt so humiliated as after all his efforts, they were not spilling the truth.
"Hanged himself to death." Mahir hummed. Ran at immediately collected his items and was about to leave. "I'll tell you the truth, but promise me you will put an end to this".
"If you trust me, then no matter what. I will get you out of this".