The Moment You Knew You Had Feelings

Auston Matthews

You had gotten a text from Auston asking for your help with another meal. He said he wanted to learn how to cook more. You agreed and made plans to meet at the store. He had picked a more elaborate meal and asked if you would help him cook it.

You followed him to his house and helped him cook the meal. When it was in the oven finishing and you two had the kitchen clean, you got your coat to leave. He told you to stay and enjoy the meal with him as he wanted it to be a thank you for helping him both times.

As you watched him laugh during dinner, it became obvious by the way your heart seemed to skip a beat that you had feelings for him.

Connor Mcdavid

Connor had started walking you home from work randomly and you really enjoyed his company.

One day you decided to invite him in for some hot tea or coffee since it was particularly chilly that day. You sat on the couch, warm drinks in hand and talked like you always did.

He had told you that he still felt bad about knocking you over and making you bleed when you first met. You laughed, but seeing the serious look on his face gave you a wave of butterflies in your belly.

Mitch Marner

You had been spending a lot of time with Mitch and your brother, the three of you got along really well.

You had made plans to hang out and your brother got caught up doing something so it ended up just being you and Mitch.

He got you a friendship bracelet in your favorite colors. When you asked if he got your brother one too, he laughed. As he was tying the bracelet on you, you felt your heart rate pick up and you just knew.

Mat Barzal

Mat had come in a lot to order his drink, so much in fact that you spoke to your manager about changing the name of the drink to "The Barzal".

You were excited to show Mat the next time he came in and you didn't want to tell him over text. It took a few days for him to come back into the shop and when he did you could barely contain your excitement.

When you presented the newly named drink to Mat his smile instantly lit up. Seeing that smile on his face and him telling you how amazing you were made your heart flutter.

Matthew Tkachuk

Your workouts with Matt were great. You felt like it held you accountable and working out made you feel great afterwards.

Matt wanted to teach you a new machine and told you he would help you perfect it. He observed the first few reps and then decided he would step in and help you with your form.

He placed his hands on your arms to attempt to keep them in place and when his hands touched your skin you felt yourself heat up. A rush of excitement flowed through you and you knew you were in trouble.

Patrick Kane

Patrick told you he had a surprise for you and told you to be ready by a certain time. You were worried what the surprise could be because you didn't know each other that well.

When he picked you up he asked if you were hungry and if you wanted to eat before or after your surprise. You were even more curious and told him after, you were just anxious to know what your surprise was.

Patrick took you to the zoo again and surprised you with an event where you could play with the penguins. You were so excited you threw your arms around him and hugged him tightly. When you felt it in yourself that you didn't want to let go, you knew you were growing feelings.

Andre Burakovsky

You were meeting Andre for a run and when you met up with him in the park he held out a box to you. Confused you opened it up to find a water bottle in your favorite color.

He made fun of how much water you drink on your runs and how you always just bring plastic water bottles so he decided to buy you one like he had.

You thought about how thoughtful it was that he would go out of his way to get you a water bottle. When you realized he remembered what your favorite color was, you couldn't hold back your smile and the smile he returned made your stomach flip.

Tyler Seguin

Tyler had brought his dog in for a check up and continuously made jokes. He was your last appointment of the day so you didn't mind spending a little extra time with them.

Tyler had asked what you were doing for dinner and you honestly hadn't even thought about it yet. He asked if you wanted to go out for dinner as a thank you for taking such good care of his pets.

You ultimately agreed and locked up so you could head out. When he lightly placed his hand on your lower back to guide you to your car and opened your door for you, you couldn't help but get butterflies.