Growing Closer

Auston Matthews

You helped him pick out a good rice that paired well with the entree and gave him your number in case he needed anything else.

He ended up texting you most of the night to ask how to do things and to make sure he was doing them right. He sent you a picture of the finished meal.

You'd figured he would stop texting after your help with the meal was no longer needed. You got a pleasant surprise when he would text you just to talk or to see how your day was.

Connor Mcdavid

The day after your dinner and your collision you were walking out of work and saw the same man you had crashed with the day before.

He waited for you outside of work to make sure you were ok since you were bleeding. He brought you candy to say he was sorry for making you bleed even though you were the one who ran into him.

You talked for awhile while walking. Turns out he lived a few buildings down from your work and you only lived a few blocks over.

You asked him why he didn't just come into your work instead of waiting outside. He explained he would have, but you never gave him your name.

Mitch Marner

Mitch had spent the day at your house at the pool after your brother brought him around. As it turns out, the two of you got along great and were quick friends.

Your brother was happy you two got along but was also cautious about the situation. You spent a lot of time with your brother and Mitch that summer, the three of you became inseparable.

Mat Barzal

A few days after you waited on his table, Mat came back into the shop. He ordered the drink you recommended and once again told you it was a great recommendation.

He pointed out that you hadn't texted him and you didn't know what to say. You eventually told him that you thought it was just a funny joke and you didn't even think it was his real number.

You talked for awhile and when he left you noticed he wrote his number again on the receipt with a note saying to actually text him this time and as soon as you got home, you did.

Matthew Tkachuk

You found yourself randomly running into and talking with Matt while at the gym to the point you basically just worked out together.

He taught you a lot of things about the machines and gave you some good advice. You learned a lot about him as well and he even recommended a post workout drink for you when you asked.

He gave you his number in case you needed any more help or advice. You guys started working out together whenever you were both heading to the gym, it kind of became your "thing".

Patrick Kane

You thanked Patrick for showing you where to see the penguins even though he was shocked when you dragged him away. He sat with you and watched the penguins and talked.

Both of your friends walked away as you two spent awhile watching the penguins and you didn't mind because you had penguins and you weren't alone.

When you decided to leave you exchanged numbers and planned to all come as a group next time, his friends and your friends so you knew someone would sit and watch the penguins with you.

Andre Burakovsky

The next few times you went running you had run into Andre. You two would talk if you caught each other in a warm up or cool down. He even repaid you a water bottle, which made you laugh.

You eventually exchanged numbers and would plan to go on runs together instead of randomly bumping into each other. He made your runs more enjoyable and you felt safer running with him.

As time passed slightly your texts became less about your runs together and more random conversation and banter.

Tyler Seguin

You talked for awhile after you examined his dog and got to know a bit about each other. You also got to know more about his dogs and why they came to your clinic.

After his dogs visit, Tyler had asked to exchange numbers. The texts went from talking about his and your animals and more just friendly getting to know each other conversation.