Then : Step by Step

It's been a few months since the whole drawing incident, Edward has slowly been warming up to Faith but has still kept a distance from her.

The Cullen Clan has been on edge with excitement, as very soon Faith should be taking her first steps, but sadly to keep up appearances the 'kids' had to go to school, and Carlisle had to go to work.

Leaving Faith with Esme, who made sure to have a camera on the girl at all times, to record the moment when she takes her first steps.

Yes, Esme the ever so doting and loving mother and grandmother of the Cullen Clan followed the child around with a camera, hoping to catch her first steps.

It was something the Cullen's found very amusing and also creepy, they even voiced they're opinions to her but Esme refused to listen.

.......

It was the end of the day for the Cullens, school was over and everyone except for Carlisle was at home.

Emmett was off on a hunt, Jasper was reading, Edward was playing piano, Rosalie was reading a magazine and Alice was shopping online.

Faith looked around the room, she couldn't see her father, where was he?, He always made sure to be the first one she sees when they come home.

Faith whimpers, drawing everyone's attention. They began to notice her looking around. Alice cooed. "Aww sweetie do you miss your daddy?". Faith's whimpers got louder. Rosalie cooed, picking up her daughter and putting her on her lap. "Daddy will be home soon honey, ok I promise".

Just then the front door opens and closes. The Cullen's could tell by the scent it was Emmett, Rosalie put Faith back on the ground facing the hall so she would see him coming.

As soon as Faith spotted Emmett she let out a happy squeal of joy, everyone laughed as Emmett bent down and held out his arms.

"Hey baby, did you miss daddy?, Come to daddy sweetie" he cooed. Faith tries crawling to Emmett but that didn't work with the onesie she had on, and on the washed floor boards, it was nearly impossible.

Kneeling on her hands and knees, Faith straightened her back legs, and pushed herself up, so she was standing by herself. A happy smile on her face at the accomplishment. Everyone watched her intently as she took her first steps, towards Emmett whose smile just got bigger with every step she took.

"That's it baby, come to daddy, that's it, come on you can do it" he encouraged as Faith babbled, Rosalie kneeled behind her, arms stretched out to catch her if she falls.

When Faith was close enough Emmett grabbed her in his arms and held her close to him. While Alice, Jasper and even Edward clapped and cheered.

Emmett kissed Faith on the cheek, causing a round of giggling from the infant.

Esme suddenly ran into the room holding a camera, looking around the room, slightly crazed. "What is it?, What's going on?!" She asked.

Rosalie was beaming with joy, standing beside Emmett, not looking at Esme. "Faith just took her first steps"

There was a loud bang, the Cullen children looked over to Esme to see she had dropped the camera with a sour look on her face.

"Uh.. mom, you ok?" Emmett asked. Esme glared at the floor for a moment, before putting on an obvious face smile and nodded, her eyes burning with anger and annoyance.

 Esme glared at the floor for a moment, before putting on an obvious face smile and nodded, her eyes burning with anger and annoyance

"Yes, I'm fine" she muttered before leaving the room. The living room was silent, before a loud crash was heard from the kitchen.

"So?.......anybody wanna go in there and check on Esme?" Emmett asked awkwardly before another loud crash was heard.

"Nope I'm good" from Jasper, "yeah me too" Edward said, bang!. "Hey who wants to go for a walk?" Alice asked getting up along with everyone else. "Oh yeah a walk sounds good" Bang!, "Fresh air, let's do it" BANG!!

..........

Carlisle walked in the door feeling tired from work at the hospital. Bang!.

Carlisle looked around before quickly walking to the now destroyed kitchen. Plates were thrown, glasses smasched, cups broken, drawers torn apart, presses ripped off they're hinges.

Esme stood in the middle of it her posture tense. Carlisle put his brief case on the counter.

"Esme, darling.. what—" Carlisle didn't get to finish as he ducked a plate that was thrown at his head. Standing back up, he looked at his mate wide eyes, putting his hands up in surrender he slowly stepped out of the room.

"I..think I'm gonna go for a walk..."

∆•∆•∆•∆

Hey guys, hope you are all keeping safe and are in good health,

Hope you enjoy this chapter, and also please check out my new story that I just put up, please leave a comment on it I would love to know what you think and when I should continue it,

Also I should have the next chapter in this book up tomorrow,