Chapter 1: New Beginnings

⚠️Warning⚠️
Slight mention of suicide

*

I picked up the picture of my best friend and smiled softly in grief, "I miss you, b/f/n." I stared at the piece of rope that was next to the photo frame and looked at it in pain, "Why'd you have to leave me here."

I put the photo down, sat down on my bed, and softly smiled, "Todays the day you left. I can't believe its been a year."

"Y/n get down here!"

I sigh and look up at my ceiling in an attempt to talk to God, " Why do you do this to me?"

I get up and hesitantly open the door before walking down the stairs. I turn the corner and see my mom, purse and keys in hand, hair done, work clothes on, and the same angry look on her face.

My mom turned to me and gave me a stern look along with an angry glare, "Before I get back the house better be spotless. Do you understand? All the rooms are to be cleaned thoroughly and vacuumed. All the walls need to be wiped down with a sponge until their fully white. The floor need to be mopped and you need to get an old toothbrush to clean the inside cracks of the tile floors. Vacuum all the carpets in the house and sweep the floor. Open the garage and organize all the boxes and clear out the floor. After that get the hose and some soap and put that all over the floor in the garage and sweep out all the water outside and then water down the drive way."

She checks her phone before starting back up again, "Speaking of watering make sure you water the plants in the backyard and mow both the front yard and the backyard. And when you clean up the bathroom make sure to use comet and bleach on the toilets, the counters, the sink, the bathtub, the shower head, and the bathtub walls. Make sure you clean the shampoo bottles and all those other stuff too."

"And another thing," My mom stated as she started to walk out the door, "No eating or talking to any of your little friends on that stupid phone that your so obsessed with until you finish all the cleaning. And I better get home to a warm meal cooked for me for dinner or else I'm taking away your phone and your grounded for a month you understand me?"

I nodded and got up the courage to swallow the lump that was in my throat and ask, "Are we having a party today, mom?"

She checked the time before looking back at me, "Of course not. Why would we?"

"Oh its just," I looked off to the side," I was wondering why we were cleaning so much."

Her stare turned into a sharp glare, "The reason why we're cleaning so much is because your lazy ass doesn't want to do anything around this house. Your so ungrateful and disrespectful. I have to wake up early everyday and work my ass off just to pay the bills and put food on the table. Your stepdad is the only reason we're able to keep this house right now. And you have the audacity to disrespect both me and your stepdad by complaining about cleaning?"

She sighed before looking at the time again and smacking her lips, "Now I'm late. Everything better be cleaned, Y/n. Do you understand me?"

I looked down at the ground, "Yes mother."

She took one last glance before walking out, "And try to have fun. No one wants to be near a depressed kid."

I flinched as the door shut and sighed when I knew she was gone.

"I might as well start then," I looked around the house not seeing a problem with it, "Its still clean from yesterdays cleaning."

Running upstairs I pick out my music and grab the speaker, "Hello mr.speaker! Ready for another boring day of cleaning?