三十六

~

Taehyung plodded down the stairs, pressing the backs of his hands on his neck, feeling the heat blazing from them.

He entered the living room, seeing Yoongi watching a show, but pausing it at his entry.

"Hi, Yoongs," Taehyung voiced, softly smiling as he made his way over to Yoongi, sitting next to him and laying his head on his shoulder.

"You okay, Taebear?" he mumbled, leaning his head on top of Taehyung's as he let the younger play with the rings on his fingers.

"Yeah," he let out out, "'m good. Jungkook's taking a nap upstairs right now." Yoongi nodded, knowing from his tone that there was something else he wanted to say.

"Thank you, Yoongs. You're so loving and caring and..." he took a deep breath, "I just- I don't appreciate you enough. You've got a heart of gold."

Peering up, he saw Yoongi's expression soften, his eyes full of fondness as he whispered an almost inaudible 'thank you', wrapping his arm around his side and pulling him closer.

"Can we watch something together?" the younger pleaded, a hint of childishness laced in his words, "Just like we used to?"

"Of course, Taebear." Yoongi agreed, passing him the remote to pick out anything he wanted to watch until Jungkook was to be woken up.

They watched two episodes of iCarly with content, laughing at the stupidity of it all which Taehyung didn't notice when he was younger.

When both of the shows had ended, Taehyung stood up, leaning in all awkward positions to stretch his body out, causing himself to go a bit light headed as he groaned, "I think I should wake Jungkook up now."

Yoongi nodded and stood up with him, "I'll just finish the washing up quickly. We can maybe order a takeaway tonight to treat the poor guy."

"Yes! Food!" Taehyung cheered, joining him in the kitchen, pulling out a baby blue mug from the cabinet. He scooped two heaped spoons of hot chocolate powder and added some milk to it and put it in the microwave, watching it spin.

"I'm proud of you." Yoongi mumbled, pulling on his ugly yellow washing up gloves, which Taehyung always pokes fun at him for wearing.

Taehyung turned around, his eyebrows raised, "W-what? Why?"

Yoongi's expression softened as he picked up a dish from the counter to start cleaning, "I can just see your mother in you," he began, "Just her caring nature. The way you comforted him in the car earlier and how you helped him to calm down reminded me so much of your mother. Plus, you have her smile."

As much as he tried not to, Taehyung felt his eyes well with tears, but told himself that it was unfair to break now, for he had Jungkook in his bedroom who he had to stay strong for.

Also, he wanted to make his uncle proud. That alone was enough to keep him going.

The microwave quietly beeped, and he spun on his heel to pull out the hot drink.

"Thank you, Yoongs." he spoke, a smile on his face as he left to take the drink to Jungkook, who was hopefully getting some sleep in his bed.

He crept up the stairs, with a gentle smile tugging at his lips.

Softly pushing his bedroom door open, he was met with an asleep Jungkook, his cherry lips parted ever so slightly and his cheeks puffed out, the plaster on his lip barely holding on. Taehyung's heart fluttered at the sight.

He perched himself next to Jungkook on the bed, placing the hot drink on his bedside table before lightly shaking the boy's shoulders, "It's time to wake up, Jungkook."

His eyes opened suddenly as he sat up, his hair a pretty mess.

"Did you sleep okay?" Taehyung whispered, leaning forward to tuck the younger's hair behind his ear, feeling him lean into his touch.

He nodded, still half asleep, "Your bed's comfy. 'm still a bit tired."

Taehyung chuckled and picked up the hot chocolate, holding it forward for Jungkook, "Hopefully this will wake you up a bit."

Jungkook's eyes widened as he carefully took it from Taehyung's grasp, softly blowing into it, "Awh! Thank you, Tae!" he took a few cautious sips, holding it in his palms, enjoying the pleasant warmth beaming from it.

Taehyung warmly smiled, "It's okay. Yoongles is going to order a takeaway tonight, but first... we need to talk about what's gonna happen from now."

Jungkook's smile was replaced with a worried expression as he stared down at his drink. Taehyung placed his fingers under his chin, tilting his head up, just like Yoongi did earlier, and whispered, "It's okay. Whatever happens, we're here for you."

He pulled himself back onto his feet as he held a hand out for Jungkook to take as he climbed out of bed, not letting go. He squeezed it gently a few times, feeling Jungkook return them with the same rhythm.

They went downstairs together and sat at the dining table, Jungkook occasionally taking a sip from his sweet drink as they waited for Yoongi to pull off his hideously-bright gloves.

As Yoongi pulled a chair out, Taehyung felt Jungkook's grip on his hand tighten under the table, so Taehyung rubbed his thumb over the back of it in soft motions to help ease his nerves.

"Jungkook," Yoongi voiced, his tone wavering ever so slightly, "Earlier, I told your parents that I'm happy to keep you here for a week-or-so, so they have time and space to reflect and understand."

Jungkook nodded, struggling to hold his eye contact.

"But, if after a week they're still angry, upset, or whatever, then I'm more than happy to keep you here for another week and I'll keep repeating that as much as I need to for your own safety."

Jungkook looked up and saw the evident concern in Yoongi's eyes, "Thank you," he said from the bottom of his heart, a small smile present on his features, "I don't know how to show how grateful I really am."

Yoongi shook his head with a soft smile, "Don't worry about that. I know."

"Okay," Jungkook whispered, letting his grip on Taehyung's hand relax, but he still felt Taehyung's thumb rubbing small circles, which he quite liked the feeling of.

"Please may I have your parents phone numbers? Just so I can try to contact them next week." Yoongi requested, pulling his phone out from his pocket and passing it to Jungkook on the 'Contacts' app.

Jungkook nodded and added both his mother and father into his phone, handing it back to him.

"Sir," Jungkook said, but Yoongi insisted that he just called him by his name, "Oh- sorry. Yoongi?"

"Yes, Jungkook?" he replied, his brows slightly furrowing.

Jungkook stared at his drink for a moment before he cast his eyes onto Yoongi, "D-Do you care that I'm, uh, gay?"

~