Unpleasantville

Começar do início

"And second of all...?" Elena asked chopping down on her fries.

"You just found out your boyfriend is a ...vampire." Bonnie said quietly so no one could hear. "So unless your birth parents are aliens... how bad can it be?"

But Elena still wasn't so sure she was ready to talk to Jenna yet. "Okay, you two talk it out. Bonnie, convince her to talk to Jenna. I'm out of ideas." I looked at Bonnie then got up from my seat grabbing my bag.

"Wait, where are you going?" Elena asked.

"I'm missing something that goes with my dress and Caroline will definitely make a comment on it." I said and they both giggled.

The decade dance was coming up, I got my dress picked out but I just need a few accessories to go with it.

"See ya."

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

I finally picked out some pretty earrings and a sparkly ring from the store and was walking over to my car across the road when my phone went off in my bag. Without checking who the caller was I answered it.

"Hello."

"Hello Laura." I didn't know who the person was, he didn't sound familiar. "Who's this?" I asked getting my car keys from my bag.

"You hit me with your car. Is that a new one?"

I froze and I snapped around to see if anyone was watching me when I spotted a man wearing a hoodie standing across the road from me. I recognise the clothes were the same as the man I hit my car with.

"You got away from me." He made his way over to me and I freaked out. "You won't next time."

I frantically opened the door to get in and quickly drove off. I didn't know what to do or where to go but I knew I didn't want him to follow me home so I went straight to Stefan and Damon's place.

~ ~ ~

When I got there I explained what happened to Stefan and he was listening attentively with a hard look. Elena was just as freaked out as I was. "You met him too?" Elena asked.

"Too? You're being stalked as well?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, I was picking out my outfit the yesterday and there was this man just standing outside the store watching me." She explained getting the shivers.

We both looked at each other with a worried look and Elena sat next to me out of fear. "What does he want with us? If he's trying to kill us why call first?" I looked at Stefan.

"It's because we're predators. We hunt. We stalk. It's often as exciting as the kill." Stefan explained and I breathed out heavily.

Elena noticed and squeezed my hand. "Everything's going to be okay." She told me but I couldn't bring myself to nod because I was still scared.

"I want you two to have this." Stefan gave us the pocket watch that was Jeremy's. "This is Jeremy's pocket watch." Elena said looking at it.

"How did you get it?" I asked him.

"I took it from Damon, who took it from Logan, who must've taken it from you." Stefan explained. It was definitely our pocket watch what it was different than I remembered.

"What happened to it?" Elena asked examining the difference in the watch.

"Well, it's not just a watch, it's a.. it's a sort of compass, but it points to vampires." Stefan did a demonstration and the arrow fluttered before pointing directly to him.