Masquerade

Laura's POV

Aunt Jenna was finally given the okay to leave the hospital so we came to collect her, Matt and Jeremy help walked her inside being careful of her injury. "Easy." Matt said with caution. "Grab the door Jer." He told Jeremy. "It's fine, I got it." I said and kicked the door close. "Stop fussing I'm fine!" Aunt Jenna said getting tired of our fussing.

"We're only making sure that you hurt yourself and end up in the hospital again." I said. "The doctors said that you have to take it easy." Elena added. The doctor had to stitch up her wound so she had to be careful not rip it open. "Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, haemorrhage and die, alright." Jeremy said as they carried her towards the couch.

"Yeah, the only thing I'm going to die from is embarrassment." Jenna said with sarcasm. "Well you're not dying on our watch." I said making her scoff. "I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" She said exasperatedly.

Jeremy, Elena and I all looked at each other because we knew it wasn't how she believed it to be. "It was a freak accident." Elena stuttered nervously. "Yeah it happens." Jeremy joined with her and I just smiled nervously. Damon had to compel Jenna to believe she walked into a knife to cover the story.

"Yeah, I've done it like twenty times at the grill." Matt lied to make her feel better. Jenna laughed and winced from the pain in her stomach. "Okay, I'm being nice." He admitted and helped lay her down with care. "Alright easy."

"What should I do with this?" He asked holding up a brown paper bag. "I got it." I grab it from him and walked into the kitchen to make us lunch. Matt stayed in the living room to comfort Jenna, Elena and Jeremy came into the kitchen with me. "So what are we going to do?" Jeremy whispered.

"Make lunch." Elena said taking out the food from the bag. "And eat it cos' I'm starving." I said but it really wasn't what Jeremy was asking. "No. About Katherine."

"We're not going to do anything Jeremy." Elena said sternly. "She tried to kill Jenna, we're not going to let her get away with it." Jeremy retort. "Yes, we can. If it keeps us safe then we can." Elena said trying hard to avoid the subject.

Ever since Elena broke up with Stefan she's been trying to go on with her life like it was normal but-- come on-- how is this normal?!

Jeremy was frustrated that she was doing nothing and so was I. "So you're just going to give up just like that?" I stare at her and she gave me a simple nod. "What if she tries something else?" Jeremy fold his arms at her. "She won't." Elena said sounding sure of it.

"How would you know? Just because you broke up with Stefan doesn't mean it'll stop her from threatening us." I told her. "Katherine hurt Jenna because I didn't do what she said. Well, I'm doing it now, me and Stefan are over. She wins. The end." Elena said.

Elena has really given up on trying, so it was up to us to do something. I look at Jeremy and we both had the same idea. "Come on, Jer. I need to go shopping. There is obviously something missing in my lunch and I need to get it." I said and Jeremy went along with it.

"Alright, I'll get the car." He said grabbing the keys and heading out the door. "Won't be out long." I said and quickly left.

We got in the car and started driving. "Do you think she knows?" Jeremy asked. "Please, Elena's a ditz she's won't notice anything even if it's in front of her." I looked at him and she snorted. "Well, it would be easier for us if she doesn't know anything. She would give us some speech about not wanting us doing anything to provoke Katherine." Jeremy said recalling all the countless times Elena said that to him.

"We just never listen, do we?" I look at him with a smirk. "No, we do not."

Third Person's POV

The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanFiction]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara