It took her a few moments to realize that she was in the bathroom Myrtle was killed in. At the moment she thought of the girl, her ghost appeared behind her in the mirror, making Julia flinch.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here? Wallis, again? How come you're not afraid of this bathroom?" Myrtle asked in her high pitched voice.

"I-"

"Wait, don't tell me! I think I know the answer pretty well. It's because of that Riddle guy, isn't it? He told you what he did, and he promised you that he wouldn't let the monster attack you."

Julia raised her eyebrow. What does Myrtle mean by that?
"Wha-what do you mean?"

"Oh, so you don't know his little secret? What a surprise... though knowing him, he doesn't really trust anyone."

"Myrtle, what secret are you talking about?" Julia was now raising her voice because of the impatience that Myrtle made her feel.

"Well, if you ask me with that attitude, I won't say anything. Haha, just kidding. I am a ghost after all, I don't really have anything interesting to do. But I LOVE gossiping, so hear me out. I saw him come into the bathroom yesterday after dinner. He started talking to himself, but not in English. After he stopped talking, the sinks suddenly parted away from each other, forming this weird, scary looking hole. He disappeared after that, probably jumping down there. I was secretly hoping that he didn't know what he was doing, but oh well, I guess not."

Julia didn't want to listen to Myrtle. She started feeling sick again. She left the bathroom as quickly as possible. Her face was paler than ever, and her hands and legs were shaking. She didn't get very far from the bathroom's, for she collapsed in the middle of the hallway. Blackness covered her sight, and her hearing was blurry.

An hour later, she woke up. The first thing she saw was the blue ceiling, covered with multiple stars. It was the common room.

"Hey, girl. How are you feeling?" she heard Aaliyah's voice, only to find out that the girl was sitting beside her, crouching on the ground.

"What- happened?"

"If only we knew." Pandora said, who was also standing close to her. "We found you laying on the ground. Do you remember anything?"

Julia shook her head slightly. She wanted to talk to Tom. She wanted to know if Myrtle was telling the truth or not, though she didn't want to believe it nevertheless.

"You want to see Tom, don't you?" it was like Pandora read her thoughts. "I'll let him in."

Moments later, with her blurry eyesight, Julia saw a figure of a boy coming closer and closer to her. When he was close enough, she recognized him as Tom.

"Let's leave them together, shall we?" Aaliyah grabbed Pandora's arm, dragging her out of the room, who was visibly uncomfortable seeing Tom with her best friend. She never trusted him, and she certainly didn't trust him with Julia.

Tom brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear, caressing her pink cheeks afterwards. "What happened?"

"Did you do it?" she asked immediately, ignoring his question.

"What?"

"Was it you who killed Myrtle?"

Tom's eyes slightly widened, but it was so invisible, that Julia didn't even notice. He clenched his teeth, but not in anger, rather guilt.

"No."

"That's it? A simple no?"

"Why? Do you expect more?"

"Myrtle said-"

"And you believed her?" he raised his voice, but instantly calmed down afterwards. "Julia, you asked me a simple question and I gave you a simple answer. I won't start explaining myself, because I didn't do it, for there is nothing to explain."

Julia closed her eyes, regretting the decision to frame Tom. She knew he was broken, but she was sure that he wasn't that broken to kill someone.
"So many things have happened and sometimes I get so confused, that I feel as if I want to scream. I am sorry for putting the blame on you. It wasn't nice of me."

"Yeah, it wasn't." the boy said in a low tone, walking out of the room, not waiting for her to speak.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hello guys, how are you all? I am incredibly flattered and thankful for you. Thank you, for spearing your time and reading my story. I am beyond happy that we already have 60 reads and 7 votes:D
I decided to change the aesthetic of the chapters, and add a tad bit to it, to make it as good-looking as possible. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to tell me in the comments.

Please stay safe in times like this!!!Hopefully, it will all be over soon. Until then, I'm going to keep uploading to this story.

Lots'a hugs and kisses<3