Kenji chuckled. "Take your time."

I dropped my hand from my face, allowing it to rest on my chest. I stared up at the ceiling, blinking slowly, before letting out another sigh. "I feel bad for Katsu."

"I assumed so."

"Not just because his grandfather died. That would hurt anyone." I furrowed my brows, squinting at the ceiling as I empathized with the pain he was going through. "He lost the last person in his family. He doesn't have any other uncles or aunts. Brothers or sisters. He doesn't have his parents. Truly he's... an orphan now. He technically was before without his parents, but he had his grandfather to look after him. But now... now he's all alone. All alone in that large house in the civilian sector. I don't like that."

Kenj didn't say anything, a bout of silence resting between us. He sipped at his beer, making an obnoxious slurping noise. My eyebrow twitched, but I let it go, continuing to glare at the ceiling.

"You're wrong."

I sat up, holding my weight with my elbows as I gaped at him. "I'm what?"

"I said, you're wrong."

I made a face. "Tell me how I'm wrong about my own emotions?"

"You're not wrong about feeling bad for him." He said. "You're just wrong about the fact he's all alone."

His response wasn't what I was expecting. I stared at him, blinking slowly. I lowered myself back into the couch, folding my hands on my stomach. He took another drink of his beer.

He wasn't all alone... what the hell was that supposed to mean? He didn't have any family living with him anymore. He was alone, living in his rather large, family house built by his parents with no one to share it with. The hallways were now empty. Dinners were now going to be quiet, made for only one person. The more things I listed, the more confused I became with what he was trying to get at.

Kenji sighed, shaking his head. "You're very dense sometimes, you know?"

I snorted. "Thanks."

"Don't thank me." He gave my knee a shove. "Think about what I told you. Sure, his family may have died. He may be the last one of his family to be alive. But he isn't alone. He still has Ryuu-kun. He still has Ryuu-kuns siblings. He still has Masumi-chan. He still has Momo-San. And he still has you."

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

He still has you.

I shot up from the couch, running into the corner of the coffee table on my way over to the door. Limping, I cursed under my breath, attempting to slide my sandals on while coming to terms with the pain in my leg.

"Where you going?" Asked my old man, though the smirk on his face seemed to hint that he already knew.

So I only gave him a look, before wrenching the door open and taking off down the steps and into the streets, making a beeline for the beautiful cypress house. The beautiful cypress house with the porch swing he'd kissed me on. The beautiful cypress house where I taught him how to clean his katana for the second time.