chapter three

Dreams are a funny thing. They come to you without your permission; like a virus for your white blood cells to fight. However, when it comes to a dream, there are no cells waiting to help you out. You're all alone in your sleep, wanting to wake up but stuck in an ersatz thought. Still, they're pleasant, magical, unique.

Nightmares are different. They claw at your head and examine its insides, scrounging for weakness. Their blackened souls delight once they've found it, because, at last, they can sharpen their knives on a block of fear tailored to you. With their weapon perfected, you drift off, and they come for you. A perfect target for their schemes.

Jennie met the dark souls again that night. Her nightmare copied that from the night before, but something vital had changed.

The ice cream man had an unfamiliar face, but one with a look of power and viciousness. His arms weren't covered in tattoos like Yoongi's, but his left forearm held the same symbol as her kidnapper's. It was two elongated trapezoids, with their shortest bases facing each other. The symbol was quite unforgettable and it stuck uncomfortably in Jennie's mind.

Once it burned itself into her brain, the girl started to notice it everywhere. Drawn on the counters sloppily, neatly attempted (and failed) on the wall, and permanent on Yoongi. She gave up on escape plans for the day and thought of the symbol's meaning. First, why was it on Yoongi, and second, why was it everywhere?

Jennie thought back to Yoongi's mention of an organization. He certainly wasn't leading the boy scouts... so where was he going every day? She wanted to pair the symbol and Yoongi's fake job together, but she knew she would be connecting dots that weren't even there. If the brunette could only find out where Yoongi went, she could possibly also find the meaning of those two trapezoids. She faced the back wall, as if willing it to give her wisdom. Knowledge is power; and Jennie needed as much as she could.

"Where are you, Min Yoongi?"

Yoongi saw himself everywhere. Bangtan was on another raid, trying to take power over the smaller gang Tomorrow X Together. Yoongi didn't see the reason for such a long name, but the boys were young. He hoped that no killing would be necessary, keeping Bangtan out of the woods. Killing minor gangs was looked down upon in their system, and Yoongi wanted nothing to do with the others.

TXT, as Seokjin had nicknamed them, were smart--and not just for their age. They had created a small maze of mirrors to get to their entrance; easy to get lost and easy to shoot the wrong guy. It was a hold up Bangtan didn't expect, but Namjoon was able to navigate the seven members, unfortunately earning a huge red spot on his forehead from hitting the mirrors so many times.

Finally, the septet found their way to TXT's entrance, Yoongi taking charge and knocking. Jungkook had mentioned simply kicking down the door, but Hoseok shot it down.

"I'm just saying that breaking doors down for no reason is not a great first impression. Besides," Hoseok had said, starting to mumble, "it's not good manners..."

Yoongi scoffed, cutting off Jungkook who was about to argue his point. There wasn't a point. "Can you people stop? It's not hard to kno--"

Yeonjun was surprisingly tall for being nineteen. Jimin would exaggerate and say he towered over Yoongi, but when Yeonjun opened the door, Yoongi only had to look up a little. Yeonjun's bright blue hair contrasted his bored eyes, looking at Bangtan as if they weren't a rising gang in power.

"Can I help you?" the TXT member asked, voice monotonous and uninterested.

Namjoon stepped forward, speaking for the other six who nudged him. "Uh, yeah. You can help us. We don't mean trouble, but if you would let us in, we have a proposal." He paused, looking for words. "To help you, I mean."

Yoongi mentally face-palmed. IQ of 148 my ass.

Yeonjun snickered, but stepped back, opening the door to their meeting place. "Welcome to Tomorrow X Together, Bangtan."

Yoongi scanned the room, noticing four other members step into the main area. He hadn't realized that Yeonjun recognized them, but Taehyung sure had. His big brown eyes sparkled, lighting up the small area they were in.

"Did you say Bangtan?" another boy called from the other side of the room.

Yeonjun turned and nodded at him, humming as a yes. "Hueningkai, this is Bangtan. I'm sure you've heard of them."

The new boy stepped closer to the group, nodding furiously. "Yes, yes I know them very well." His eyes were bright with what Yoongi hoped was amazement. The boy reminded him of Taehyung; bright eyes and cheerful smile just the same. "Hello," he greeted, bowing lowly, "I'm Hueningkai. You can call me Kai, though." Kai rose with a happy smile, clearly excited to see the seven.

Yoongi struggled to keep his face from turning incredulous. Thank the gods he was saving these children—they wouldn't last a day in organized crime.

Yoongi nodded. "Well, it's very nice to meet you." He smiled with pursed lips, petty. "Let's finish introductions later." He didn't elaborate, simply waving the others along to their meeting.

The groups sat in discussion, Bangtan explaining their plan of merging TXT into their, as Yoongi had told Jennie, organization.

"It would be a sub-unit of sorts," Hoseok has explained. "You would work with us, but also do things on your own. All for the greater good of Bangtan as a whole."

After about three hours of negotiation, Yeonjun nodded in confirmation. "It looks like we have a deal then." A successful smile spread across his face as he shook hands with Namjoon. "Um, also," he said, standing up with the rest of the group. "We have a normal door that you can go out of. I mean, unless you want to take the maze..."

Namjoon let out a puff of air and shook his injured head, rushing toward the regular exit. "No no no no no..."

Yoongi arrived home just at sunset (which was unreasonably early in the winter). His stomach growled with hunger, making him wish he could just make two servings all for himself. Still, he put the noodles in two bowls, walking towards the basement to share with Jennie.

Yoongi's recent theme with Jennie had been showing up when she didn't expect it. While he didn't expect her to be sleeping, leaning up against the wall when she looked up was always a great entrance. His key to sneaking was entering the basement quietly and going down steadily. Following his own instruction, he reached the bottom--but heard Jennie first.

"Where are you, Min Yoongi?" she whispered to the window.

His ears held onto every word, a smirk growing across his face as she spoke. Yoongi tried not to laugh.

"I'm right here, sweetheart."

hi guys! it summer hehe
thank you so much for reading yet another chapter! i know it's been a while, but quarantine has given me some actual free time lol. i really hope you guys enjoyed! lmk in the comments!

qotc: who are your ultimate groups? your biases?
personally, my ults are bts, blackpink, and oh my girl! my biases in each group are namjoon, jisoo, and hyojung hehe