After the checkup Cho drove her home.

When home alone, she realized there wasn’t much to do since the house was empty and Cho cleaned up before she left. (Y/N) settled for sleep since she felt pretty tired.

After a while of sleeping, she woke up late in the afternoon. Her head throbbed and she felt nauseous. Glancing at her shoulder, Ayato’s bite mark had heeled over the days. In a few weeks’ time it’d be but a scar that proved their union, that they were bound to each other only. She still couldn’t wrap her head around the fact that she was now married to Ayato, the thought seemed farfetched and left her blushing madly but one glance at her ring and all doubt would subside. She is (Y/N) Kirishima now.

(Y/N) called her sister a day after the wedding and informed her of everything that had taken place. Her nieces and nephew were excited they’d have a cousin but (Y/N) didn’t tell them the part where their cousin was gonna be half ghoul. She left that part alone, but she knew Genna was aware of the situation and appreciated it when her sister didn’t press the topic, only ecstatically congratulating her and saying she’d come for a visit with the kids over the holidays.

Remaining in bed for a bit longer, (Y/N) finally worked up the strength to get up. She gripped the sheets and sat up. (Y/N) swayed a bit as the world tilted into view. Aren’t power naps supposed to power you up? Why did she feel like shit after taking one?

She swiped her legs across the bed and rested it on the floor as she placed a hand on the table beside her bed for support. Glancing out the window, she saw that it was getting late and the sun was slowly setting over the horizon.

“Ayato-kun should be back soon.”  She muttered to herself.

She made sure to stand up slowly so her head could at least stop throbbing. After swallowing a few pills Cho left in the bathroom compartment incase this happened, she felt a bit better.

She didn’t at all feel hungry so she decided she’d read a book while waiting for Ayato to return from the ward so she could tell him that it’d be a baby girl. Placing a hand over her stomach, she walked over to the shelf in the room, since that was where she placed all her favorite books. She just felt better leaving them in her room where no one would see and touch unnecessarily.

Trailing her fingers across the shelves over various books, she paused when she caught something out of her peripheral sight. A small tinned box was placed in the back of the shelf, completely hidden from plain sight unless you were standing at a specific angle. It was the same box she had found in Ayato’s bag when she unpacked for him.

She furrowed her eyebrows and reached over behind the books to touch it and as her hand clasped it, the baby kicked in her stomach and she flinched, knocking over the books as her hand immediately grasped her stomach.

“Whoa there, slow down.” (Y/N) muttered towards her tummy, gently rubbing it. The baby had adjusted her position in her womb, slowly curling back into a safe position.

(Y/N) cursed under her breath when she looked down and saw all the books she had toppled over. She groaned and knelt down, picking up the books one by one. What was once a simple task, kneeling down and standing up, became a hassle.

Underneath it all were papers, crumpled with the edges tattered from age. (Y/N) placed the books into a neat pile next to her and saw that the tin had been knocked down too and from it were papers.