•|Tokyo + Bound|•

It was a month before finals and you received a phone call saying that your brother had collapsed from exhaustion. You somehow managed to convince him to tell the school about it so that you would be excused for a month.

The reason being written off as a family medical emergency.

"Your teacher's and I had a meeting about your leave and decided that we would proceed but you have to keep up your studies and return for finals." Takeda-sensei informed you with an empathetic smile. "It must be hard living by yourself, away from your brother."

"Yeah." Tears welled up in your eyes out of worry for your older sibling. "It's hard."

That's right. You were living by yourself. When you were a child, the situation was complicated.

Your parents passed away when you were just a toddler. After the incident, your brother and yourself were put in the care of relatives who were doctors. As a result of their busy schedule, they were never home. Even when they were, they were always working.

That meant your brother had to take full-responsibility for you. The two of you were inseparable...

Until Tenma graduated from high school.

When he left the family to live on his own in Tokyo, there was no one left to watch over you. Your doctor-relatives were too busy, and they were the only ones in Japan. To put the hammer on the nail, your brother couldn't afford to take you in since he was a recent high school-graduate without a steady income.

Due to this, you were sent to live with other relatives in America, but you and your brother were still in touch. You voiced that you weren't getting along well with them and when Tenma got back on his feet, he invited you to live with him. You agreed, but on one condition.

You would get to attend Karasuno.

Luckily, he went along with it. But here you were, traveling back to Tokyo to see your brother since he was bedridden due to over-exhaustion.

~*~*~

"You idiot!" You yelled with tears in your eyes as soon as you laid eyes on your raven-haired brother. "You need to take rests too!"

The male had been comfortably sipping away on apple juice in the hospital bed until your arrival.

"Shhh!" He held his index finger to his lips. "We're in a hospital, (Name)."

You stormed over to his bed and enveloped him into a hug. "You're my only family." You cried, squeezing him tightly. "Please stay healthy."

Tenma's dark eyes widened and he immediately returned your hug. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry."

While your brother was in the hospital, you went to his apartment and cleaned it up. It was no wonder he collapsed so soon, his living conditions were unacceptable.

The next day you woke up and tied your hair into a bun before taking a trip to the local grocery store.

Somehow everything in your brother's fridge had spoiled and rotted. The state of his fridge wasn't even funny-bad. Just plain bad. 'Not everyone who lives in Tokyo is this horrible at keeping their place clean, right?'

Your brother was being discharged tomorrow and you wanted to prepare him his favorite dish: Curry.

As you were reaching down for the potatoes, a hand bumped into yours.

"Oya, oya. Sorry about that, pretty girl." You heard the male say before freezing up.

He slyly smirked at you and you turned your face away.

'He didn't recognize me, right?' You were burning with curiosity.

It was Kuroo Tetsuro aka Tetsu-senpai.

"What's wrong? You shy?" The male asked, leaning in closer to you.

"Kuroo. I'm sure that's considered sexual harrassment." A familiar laid-back voice called out. He quickly glanced up and rested his eyes on your figure. "Also, Isn't that (Name)?"

"It is." Kuroo chuckled, staring at your back. "I could recognize my baby girl from a mile away."

You quickly turned around, facing the two Nekoma players.

"Hello." You gave a shy wave.

"Now you wanna say hi?" Kuroo teased you. He was definitely good at that. "What brings you to this part of Japan?"

"Don't you have finals soon?" Kozume butted in before you could answer. "I was talking to Shoyo and he's busy studying."

"I came to take care of my brother." You informed them. "I'm returning to Miyagi Prefecture when finals start."

"That's a month away." Kozume returned his attention to his game. "Aren't you missing a lot of school?"

You were surprised at how well the shorter boy was keeping up with this conversation. Kuroo was also surprised.

"She can do it." The taller lazily placed one of his arms over your shoulders. "This one's a smart one."

"I never said she wasn't smart." The shorter stated. "Are you going to watch our inter-high prelims, then?" Kozume asked, still tapping away at his gaming system.

Kuroo suddenly got an idea. "Let's go on a date, Baby Girl." The male squeezed you slightly.

"Eh!?" You were shocked by the sudden suggestion. "But I'm grocery shopping."

"It'll be tomorrow after school." Kuroo reassured you. "I know you wanna have fun with me that bad but this is a different kind of date."

Kozume was now looking up at his friend with curiosity. After school was when they had volleyball practice.

"Meet me at the front gates of Nekoma." Kuroo quickly planted a kiss on your forehead before rushing off. "See you tomorrow (Name)."

~*~*~

The next day, after welcoming your brother back and cooking his favorite dish, you GPS'd to Nekoma High School.

Kuroo had sent you the address and was eagerly awaiting your arrival.

When you approached him at the gate, the male threw you over his shoulder and walked into the gym.

"I caught a wild crow." He stated before placing you on your feet.

"Hey, isn't this against school policy?" Yaku asked worried that someone might catch them.

"Who cares." Kuroo shrugged. "Right, Kenma?"

"Yeah, who cares." Kozume readily nodded in agreement.

"You're back!" Yamamoto was crying tears of joy. "I missed you, (Name)!"

You chuckled as the boy with the blonde mohawk approached you with tears in his eyes.

"Have you been healthy?" Kai simply asked. You nodded.

You had to admit that you appreciated his polite greetings compared to Kuroo's flirty ones.

"Am I the only one that doesn't know her?" A grey-haired boy approached.

"Oh, Lev." Kuroo stepped aside to introduce you to their newest addition. "This is our ex-temporary-manager, (Name)."

"Ex-temporary-manager?" The male scoffed. "What a weird position."

"She belongs to Karasuno High School but we were able to keep her for awhile." Kuroo stated.

"Don't talk about me like I'm not here." You frowned, jabbing at his side with your elbow.

The male didn't budge and instead laughed at your supposed attack. "That's a new move, baby girl."

Needless to say, that was a restless trip.