nineteen.

-

-

Chan walked into Director Yoon's office, taking a seat as the director gestured him to. Director Yoon sighed and leaned forward, his hands clasped.

"I know you want to tell Jisung everything about Y/N, but you can't."

"Sir, Jisung needs to know." Chan said. "What if Y/N is there and the people threatening her find her-"

"We don't even know if she's there."

Chan gave Director Yoon a look. "Sir, you know her better than anyone. You and I both know that's where she went."

"That's true, but Y/N is a trained federal agent. She knows the way around other law enforcement, she knows how to hide and more importantly, she knows how to handle herself."

Chan stood up and pushed his hair back frustratedly. "I've lied to two of my closest friends, Director. Lied about things that I can't take back, to protect both of them, and those were your orders. These lies are doing everything but protecting them."

Chan headed for the door, but Changmin caught his attention. "You have point. Keep working."

Chan grabbed the knob and scoffed as he left Director Yoon's office. He went back to the squad room and angrily sat back in his chair.

"Jisung can't know what's going on, Director Yoon's orders. We keep working on whatever cases come through." Chan announced.

"Seriously?" Jeongin questioned, his tone shocking everyone. "We're supposed to sit here and forget that our friends are in danger? Sure, we can call Jisung, but we can't track either of their phones, we have no idea exactly where either of them are, and we're suppose to stay clueless?"

"Jeongin-"

"Stop." Jeongin cut Hyunjin off. "I know what losing a best friend is like, and I don't want to lose anymore. We should try to contact Y/N."

"She won't answer." Seungmin said.

"But at least she'll know we're making an effort. Right now, it looks like we're hanging her out to dry." He replied. "Weren't we told that she needs support now more than ever? She is very capable of herself, but we don't know where her mind's at. We don't know how she's doing, and I don't know about you guys, but that drives me crazy."

Minho crossed his arms and looked at the younger. "I'm sure she still has Jinx with her. She'll be fine."

"So you're going to turn on her like you did three years ago? When she needed our help, Minho?!" Jeongin exclaimed, his voice loud. "I can't even look at any of you right now."

He left the squad room and went down to the basement, where autopsy was. The doors whooshed open and Blade looked over from her spot on one of the autopsy tables.

"What's up, Jeongin?" Blade smiled, scooting over so he could sit with her.

"Have you tried calling Y/N?"

Unhinged; Han Jisung. On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara