nine.

-

-

You were staring up at the ceiling, turning in your chair, giving yourself a headache as you thought about the case. You stopped and looked around the room, noticing that Jisung wasn't in the squad room.

"Where's Jisung?" You asked.

The boys looked up at you and shrugged. Jisung was always in the squad room around the same time you were, so it made you wonder where he was. You shut your eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm your nerves and your throbbing head ache.

"Agent L/N."

You slowly looked up at the familiar voice. "Taejun."

"Show me to my client, please." He smiled.

You eyebrows jumped at his demand. "Your client?"

"Moon Ara."

"Ah," you chuckled. "Why don't I take you to her."

You got up from your desk and subtly scanned his body language- the same as ever- confident and determined. He grabbed your wrist when you got around your desk and looked down at you.

"You didn't answer my calls." He whispered.

"I was busy."

He hummed and let go, so you turned away from him and starting walking to the holding cells. The look on your face put the boys on the edge of their seats, since you only got that look when you were really bothered.

You showed Taejun to the holding cells and leaned against the wall as he introduced himself and walked her out of the cell. You walked them back up to the squad room, and Taejun smiled down at you fondly.

"You'll escort us, right?" He asked.

"Actually, my team and I are neck deep in this case, so you'll need to find someone else." You said. "Sorry."

"I'll call you tonight. Answer, please."

You gave him a curt nod and waited for them to disappear before looking at Jisung's desk. You were feeling an overwhelming sense of wrongness, and you just couldn't shake it.

"There are no more details that we can tie to anyone as a suspect?" You questioned.

"No," Felix spoke up. "We'll find something."

"No, you guys have worked too hard. Take a break, go on lunch, don't give yourselves a headache."

They looked between each other and slowly got up and went separate ways. You got up and went to autopsy, the doors opening as you approached them.

"Blade?"

"Hey, Y/N." She smiled. "Everything okay?"

"This case is going nowhere. I hate saying that, you know I don't give up, and I'm not going to, but this is something else." You told her.