Part 17

Edited

As we walk to our apartments Shigaraki stands up, "Ah, finally you've arrived," he says.

"Aw, you took time off your busy schedule for us," Katsuki chuckles.

"Shut up! You stupid hero!" Dabi yells from behind.

"We came for Izuku, not you silly hero," Toga says as she slowly starts to approach me.

I step back as Kacchan steps in front of me, I can already tell that this isn't going to end very well.

Toga comes at me with her knife, Kacchan grabs her arm and pulls it behind her back forcing her to release the knife. Shigaraki starts running at me, I'm too late to grab my guns. I slowly start to panic, there is nothing I can do but dodge.

Shigaraki gets close enough to me that he's about to grab my face, but I dodge in time. He clicks his tongue and continues to try to get his hands on me, I just continue to dodge. I need to do something though, I won't be able to dodge forever.

I then snap my fingers, I got it! My quirk, it can't just be used with a gun right? I position my middle finger under my thumb like I'm going to fling something. I then aim at Shigaraki, I hope this works. I release my middle finger sending green lightning at Shigaraki, he goes flying back into Dabi.

Kacchan turns around and looks at me shocked, I shrug and walk to Shigaraki and Dabi. I look down at them as they look up at me, it's satisfying to have the ones you now hate look up at you. "I am nothing to you, I always have been! I pawn for you to use constantly, I'm sick of it, sick of you and what you do. Now leave, then never come back," I yell at Shigaraki.

Kacchan holds Toga and comes to stand beside me, he pushes Toga to Shigaraki and Dabi. He then puts his arm over my shoulder, "Don't you dare come by here again," Kacchan threatens them.

Shigaraki glares at me then stands up and helps Dabi and Toga up. They then go to the stairs, I sigh in relief as I rest my head against Kacchan's chest. He seemed taken back by my action, by I didn't care he makes me happy. "I'll be right back, go into my apartment," Kacchan tells me.

I nod and go into his apartment while he goes to his next-door neighbour, I sit on his couch and wait for him. He comes in and sits beside me in a slouch, I sit up as straight as I can and face Kacchan. His attention goes towards me as soon as he saw me move, "What's up Izuku?" Kacchan asks.

Kacchan watches me in curiosity as I try to put my words together, I open my mouth to say something but then close it. I think for another moment the open my mouth to speak again, "When we finally met a week or two ago, I was afraid of you. Afraid that you would arrest me, then I learned that you were my neighbour which also scared me," I began.

"But when we started hanging out and talking, I realized what I was doing was wrong. And the right way was to stick around you, and being around you makes me happy. Very happy. But every time you touch me or are near me I feel different, it's a good feeling though. I have finally determined what it is," I take a pause for a moment.

Kacchan silently watches me as I piece together what I'm going to say next. I raise my head and look directly into Kacchan's bold red eyes. "Katsuki Bakugou, I... love you," I say while not breaking eye contact with Kacchan.

He looks at me flabbergasted, I shyly look away worried on what Kacchan is thinking. He places his hands on my cheeks and moves my face to his. He slowly leans in and gently kisses me, when he pulls back I stare at him bewildered. He smiles softly while letting out a low chuckle, "Izuku, thank you," he says.

He pulls me into a hug, I rest my head against Kacchan's chest. He rests his chin on my head, I smile to myself while hearing Kacchan's heartbeat quicken. But Kacchan's phone starts ringing, he let's go of me and answers the phone. "Hey Kiri, what's up?" Kacchan says.

Ah, it's Kirishima. I stand up and walk over to the kitchen and start making some tea. "Oh, shit right! Sorry! We made it home safely, Izuku was able to tell Shigaraki off and told him to go away. It worked surprisingly," I hear Kacchan tell Kirishima.

Kirishima must've been worried about us, or maybe Kacchan was supposed to call Kirishima when we got home. I bring the tea to Kacchan and he nods as a thank you, I sit down beside Kacchan with my cup of tea.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the back of the couch. Today is already exhausting, I wish I could just sleep the whole day away. Kacchan's phone call ends, "Sorry about that Izuku, Kirishima was worried," Kacchan says.

I should open my eyes to speak to him, but I'm so tired. I just nod tiredly, "Izuku?" Kacchan asks. I feel his legs go across the couch, he then pulls me onto him. I open my eyes and look at him, he smiles at me and messes with my hair.

I close my eyes and lean into Kacchan more, he wraps his arms around me. It's calm and this is a nice feeling, I feel my body drop into sleep. I feel so at ease in Kacchan's arms, it makes all my worries vanish. I really love this feeling.

Word count: 976