Chapter 4

Michael's POV

After what felt like an hour I knew this was my time to go back home. I opened the door and shut it behind me leaving the body behind me. I make my way down the hallway and open other patients doors. They were looking at me in confusion but followed me after I made my way towards the door. I opened the door but saw none of the guards or nurses outside. It was raining and cold, but I didn't mind. The other patients were walking around of the yard behind me as I made my way to the gate. I just had to wait for a car.

After waiting for a while I finally heard a car engine coming this way. I got out through the gate and hid in a ditch. The car stopped before the gate and I saw Dr. Loomis get out of the car and hurry to the gate. This was my chance and I could piss that old man off by taking the car. I run up to the car and jump on it. After scaring the nurse out of the car and breaking one of the windows, I hop in the driver's seat and start driving off. The voices told me what to do and it became easy to drive after a while.

As I was driving through the highway, I was thinking what I should do. I couldn't run around with hospital outfit. I was in my thoughts when I saw a red pickup truck parked next to the road. Perfect! I pull over and get out of the car. The driver of the other car was smoking a cigarette, facing the other way. I walk behind him and slam his head on the car's hood. He yelps and tries to wiggle away but I slam his head repeatedly. He started to whimper and I snapped his neck. I quickly remove his blue overalls and his black shirt and then change my clothes. I lifted the body and tossed it in some long grass behind bushes.

I walk back to the car and take my seat. I looked myself through the rearview mirror. I looked... different. When was the last time I looked into a mirror? In the hospital I never saw one. My new face looked too weird to me. I needed to cover it somehow. I didn't want to look at the stranger I saw in the mirror. I needed to find a mask quickly so I could hide away. They always comforted me when no one didn't know who I was. I turned the mirror away from my face so I couldn't see myself anymore.

When I finally reached the city I saw that some things changed. There were some new stores and I was little taken back. I look at the stores and see a hardware store. There was some Halloween masks on the window but one of the left caught my attention. It had a pale face and dark hair. I wanted it. No, I needed it. I looked around and saw that there were knives farther in the shop. I looked around but no one was out this early. I smash the window and got inside. I take one of those masks and a couple of knives and rope with me. I made my way to the car, getting inside in quickly. I put the mask on and instantly feel better. Now was time to go home.

Driving through familiar neighborhood brought back some of my memories back. Mostly bad or neutral but some memories were amazing because of (Y/n). I pull over down the road and made my way to my home. When I saw the house, it looked to be abandoned. I knew that my parents were dead but I was expecting that someone had moved into the house but this was good thing. I break in back to my home and instantly felt better. There was dust everywhere and stale smell filled my lungs. I look through the house but no one seemed to be here. I looked outside from the front window towards (Y/n)'s old house but I didn't recognize the car. Maybe they bought a new car?

I went to my old room only to see that all of my old things were gone or broken. There were only some shelves and dust in the room. I lay down on the corner of the room to rest little more. The voices were whispering again and I didn't hear anyone in the house. After waiting all this time to come home, I finally was able to rest for a moment. When I got more comfortable position and closet my eyes. When I rested for a while I could finally do the things the voices told me to do.

After sleeping some time I woke up when the voices were telling me to wake up. I got up quickly and looked outside from the dirty window. It was morning already. I started to walk downstairs and saw that two figures were at the edge of my front lawn. It was a teen girl and a young boy. The teen gave me familiar feeling and I was trying to get my finger on it. She started to head towards the front door and I stepped aside to make sure she didn't see me. When she was close enough, the voices were screaming at me.