Chapter 1

(Y/n)'s POV

Today was the day that every almost 6-year-old fear the most. A moving day. I don't know why we had to move here. I even haven't heard about Haddonfield before. I liked (Hometown) more. Mom and dad were lifting moving boxes inside the new house. The new house was nice and I had my room upstairs but there was kitty wallpaper in my old room and I miss that. I also miss my old friends and neighbors.

I was sitting on the porch when my older brother, Mark, came to me. He is 17-year-old and he's continuing his studies here in high school. "Hey sis. You want to help me carry your boxes inside? You can have my shark toy from my room when we finish." Now that seemed like a good deal to me. I have always wanted to have that plush toy and he always said that I can have it when I do something nice.

"Sure! But you can't have him back anymore. He can live in my room with the other plushies." Mark only laughs and walks back inside with the boxes. I go to the car and lift one of the less heavy boxes. When I turn to go inside I see a boy on the other side of the street sitting on lawn. He looks at me and I hurry inside so I can but the box down and go to him. I wanted to say hello and maybe get a new friend.

"(Y/n)? Where are you going in a hurry?" Dad asks and I run to him and hug his legs. "I saw a boy on the other side of the street. Can I go and say hi to him?" My dad smiles and ruffles my hair. "Sure princess. Just look out for cars before you cross the road. Mark will get you soon." I smile at him and run outside of the door. When I reach the street and stop. I looked in both directions and when I saw none I crossed the road and approached him. I stopped at the edge of his lawn and look at him "Hi. What's your name?" He looks at me with his deep brown eyes but there was confusion written on his face. His blond locks were swinging in the gentle summer breeze. He gets up and walks up to me.

"My name is Michael. Are you moving in that house?" He points his finger at my new house. "Yeah we moved here from (H/t). My name is (Y/n). I think your name is cute Michael!" He looks at me, his cheeks turning little pink for a minute. "Thanks, your name is nice too." I smile at him and I stretch out my hand towards him. "Nice to meet you Michael!" He takes my hand and gives my hand a firm shake.

We hear the front door of his house open. A blond-haired girl came out and looked at us. "Aww, Michael! You have a new friend?" She comes to us and smiles widely at me. "Hello. My name is Judith. Who might you be?" I smiled at her but Michael seemed to be little angry. "My name is (Y/n). Nice to meet you!" I stretch out my hand to her and she shakes it. "Aww, you two are so cute together. Where do you live (Y/n)?" I point my house and she lifts her head. "I moved there today with my mom, dad and older brother! We moved from (H/t)"

She nods and then looks excited. "You have an older brother. Does he watch after you? Maybe if you were friends with Michael he would watch over him as well? I'm super busy with umm... school so it would be good if he had even one friend to hang out with." I smile at Michael and he looks at his sister annoyed. "I have to ask Mark but I would love to hang out with you Michael!" He shifts his eyes to look at me and smiles. "Sure, I can hang out with you." Judith claps and ruffles Michael's head but he dodges her hand. I take Michael hand and start dragging him towards my house.

When we reach my home, Mark comes out and looks at us. "Hey (Y/n) who's this." He watches as Michael and I enter the house. "This is Michael. He lives across the street and he's my new friend." Mark nods and looks at Michael. "Nice to meet you Michael. (Y/n) I put the rest of your boxes to your room. Mom will come soon and help you so Michael has to leave by then." He starts to walk back outside. "Oh, and you can't have the shark toy because you didn't help me." I look at him while Michael looks at me in confusion.

"I'm sorry I forgot! I saw Michael and wanted to go and talk with him." Mark huffs but then he gives us a smile. "You have another change later. Have fun now." He leaves and Michael pokes my shoulder. I turn to him and he looks after Mark. "Was that your brother?" I nod and take his hand. "Let's go to my room and play! I have so many plushies that we can play with!" I lead him to my new bedroom and there are boxes everywhere! Michael looks around and I start digging one of the boxes. I dig out all my cutest toys that I have to show them to Michael. "Here! We can play with these!" I hand Michael cat plush and he takes it. He starts looking at it and I take the one that is a mouse.