Joseph x Reader part 2

And I'm finally done! The angst is finally here oh boy- Honestly, I can't tell if the angst is good or bad :,)) I'm pretty sure there are some typos too but my brain cells are too dead to do anything ahaha- I hope you readers will be able to still enjoy it-

~~~

"What is this...?" The young man stares at his desks which were piled up with letters from several different noble families who were hoping to get into contact with him. News of Joseph rejecting both Beaufort and Lilian as his future wife spreaded like a wildfire within the nobles's circle and many took this as an opportunity to have their daughters engaged to the Desaulnier's son since he was available now. What they didn't know was that he and his family had already chosen a new candidate to be his fiance, regardless of their status.

"These are invitations sent by many different families that you have connections with, Master." (Y/N) bluntly explains, somewhat amused by the huge numbers of letters that Joseph has received within a few weeks. It was more than she had expected. "Shall we read through them?" She added on, turning to look at her master for his instructions and was met with an irritated look. "There's no need. Let's move onto the paperworks for today." He says with a click of the tongue. 'He's really not pleased...' Keeping her thoughts to herself, she proceeds to put the letters elsewhere just in case he decides to have a second thought.

Just then, a letter with a specific stamp caught her attention. Upon having a closer look, she realised that it belonged to Beaufort's family. "Ha, what a stubborn woman. Has she not been embarrassed enough?" Joseph's sudden voice from behind caused her to jump slightly as she was not aware that he was looking at the letter she was holding as well. "Would you like to read the content that's inside or should I discard it?" Her eyes rested on his face, observing a frown that had slowly crept up onto his face. "Her matters are no longer mine to deal with, if you see any letters belonging to the Castina family, please throw it away." He spoke in a monotone, gently taking the letter from (Y/N)'s hand and crumbling it in a matter of seconds.

They then return their focus back to the paperworks Joseph has to finish for the day, unlike before, Joseph was much more efficient and was able to complete his task without getting too distracted. Usually, he would try to find topics to speak with her while working and forgetting about it during the process to which she would have to remind him. Unbeknownst to (Y/N), the only reason why Joseph was working so hard to complete his job was to ensure that he would be free for tomorrow's evening and afternoon so that he could spend his time meaningfully with the person he admired so much.

'From what I have heard from the maids, (Y/N) should be free for the day for tomorrow as well. It may be a good opportunity to bring her to the town, it has been awhile since we last went out together.' Joseph's mood got better the more he thought about his plans with her tomorrow, many different scenarios and memories of him at a younger age were swarming through his head all at once. "Master?" An angelic voice snapped him out from his trance, making him realise that his hands had stopped writing.

"Shall we take a break? You have been working non stop for the past few hours." His eyes widened slightly in shock, he didn't even believe her words until he raised his head and felt how sore his neck was. He was surprised at himself for being able to work properly without making any mistake while daydreaming. "That sounds like a good idea." He agrees with her idea as one of his hands reached to the back of his neck to massage it. His eyes then wander to (Y/N) who was preparing his tea, she had been working diligently by his side just as he did. 'She must be tired as well.'

"Why don't you join me?" He suggested, wanting to have an opportunity to have a conversation with her, not just about their schedules and work. These days, they had been so busy that it was somewhat difficult for them to have a simple chat, he could have asked her to come to his room to chat during the night but that would be unwise, even if the maid appears to be unaffected by the sudden huge amount of work they had to do, she must be hiding her exhaustion due to her strong sense of professionalism. He never really understood why she was so dedicated but he still respected it. There were times that she would be open but it was rare.