Joseph X Reader part 1

Hooo boi I finally updated after such a long time. I know I was supposed to update weeks ago but assignments and tests hit me so hard and I couldn't get up :,))) Welp anyways this story is a lil bit different from what I have written so far but you can tell the plot is definitely inspired by every isekai anime, manga, or manhwa you have seen- Thank you for your patience and I hope you guys would somehow find enjoyment in this uhh junk T w T

~~~

Beads of sweat were beginning to form on her forehead as she was now finally introduced to the fiance her father has arranged for her. The temptation to run away into the carriage at full speed was growing but (Y/N) was very well aware that her actions would be considered rude and it certainly won't leave a good impression on the young boy who seemed to be around the same age as her if not a little older.

With all the courage that was left within her tiny body, she manages to offer the largest smile she could offer even if it did appear forced. Fortunately, he did not appear to be bothered at the slightest, returning the gesture which (Y/N) immediately deemed it as a million-dollar smile since his charming features were already enough to capture anyone's attention. Even without his good looks, Joseph Desaulniers has a good reputation and his family was quite well known despite having recently moved into the new country to settle down.

At first glance, any passerby or even their parents would be under the assumption that (Y/N) was just an awfully shy girl. After all, this was the first time she was meeting her fiance in person and the behaviour she displayed was considered understandable. However, their points were quite off the mark as the girl was not shy in the slightest bit. The viscount's daughter was more concerned about who she was going to be engaged to instead and after meeting Joseph, she was not exactly on board with the idea.

But the young gentleman has yet to do anything so why was (Y/N) already objecting so strongly? The reason is simple yet bizarre and laughable at the same time. If she had been reincarnated as a heroine, supporting or even minor character, there wouldn't be any complaints and she would have gladly accepted the fate without any second thoughts. Unfortunately, (Y/N)'s luck ran out the moment she had been involved in a car accident that cost her life.

The poor soul never had the opportunity to rest as the moment she had passed on in her previous world, she was immediately forced to take on the role of the villainess of her own story whether she likes it or not. However, considering the fact the author was granted with emotions and memories the villainess has along with the knowledge of the obstacles she may face in the future, there was still an opportunity left standing for her to change her fate into something more desirable.

Although everything has been carefully planned out since the beginning of a new life in the author's own book, she couldn't stop herself from sweating nervously now that she has come face to face with the main lead. Reminding herself what happened to the original villainess if she fails to annul the engagement or becomes a nuisance to Joseph's relationship with his lover. (Y/N) then attempts to shake those awful thoughts away as they were far from helpful.

"It's an honour to finally meet you, Joseph. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." The girl greets politely while doing a curtsy, internally cheering for pulling the introductions off without stumbling over her words like a fool despite how nervous she was feeling. Even though her words may have come across as a little too formal to Joseph, he did not hesitate to return the same treatment. "Please raise your head. I should be the one to bow my head as a gratitude for you to come all these way."

Seeing that the children would be fine on their own, their parents left them on their own to wander around the mansion, believing an adult's presence would only be a hindrance for them to communicate at ease. A part of (Y/N) wanted to scream out "Why are you leaving kids unsupervised?!" but on the other hand, she forced those words down her throat as it would make the atmosphere more awkward than it already is. So now here they were wandering aimlessly in the garden, the birds chirping loudly as not a single word was exchanged between them.