Chapter 12: Be There With You

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Derek answered, leaning heavily on her and laughing. "I've known her since I was three years old," Derek said knowing that Braeden was questioning why they were so close.

"He's my best-friend," Elizabeth said, taking a deep breath before she continued. "He always has been and always will be,"

Derek thought for a moment, realising that every relationship he'd had that ended there was something gnawing at the back of his head. He had never thought anything of it until then. Braeden stood behind the two wolves shaking her head at them. Braeden took that as her sign to leave, there was all sorts of signs that up until that moment had just been little things it was getting to be clear that she would always be second fiddle.

Braeden left Derek a note saying that she was headed back to Beacon Hills as she had some business to attend to and that after that she didn't know where she would go. Braeden never made it back to Beacon Hills instead no one knew where she had gone.

'Hey Derek, I'm sorry...I can't be second any more, not when it comes to Elizabeth. She's perfect for you and you know it. She already takes care of you more than you realise. Call me if you need help ever. Braeden' Braeden left the note on top of Derek's suitcase before she left the two of them.

Braeden left without Elizabeth and Derek hearing a single footstep, both of them turning around when the door of where they were holed up closed. As Derek made the motion to move Elizabeth had a call from Theo in which all she heard was gun-shots being fired. The two of them looked at one another. Elizabeth hoping that the young chimera was still a live.

"Go, check everything is alright. And we'll meet up again soon," Derek said as Elizabeth picked up her phone and stared at it.

"Der, if I do go back...I can't let them know that I'm there," Elizabeth said, she'd made a promise to herself that she wouldn't go back until she and Derek had finished their business. "I promised Theo something,"

"I know, you promised him a family," Derek said, he knew that Elizabeth had promised him after a long winded email from her saying that she might regret something. "Go home, check on him,"

"I will...where do I meet you this time?" Elizabeth questioned, raising an eyebrow at him, Derek shrugged. "Don't make me do the whole guessing game thing,"

"Take a deep breath and tell me what you're feeling now?" Derek said, as he went over to his suitcase to grab a fresh shirt and noticed the letter.

"All kinds of things. Beacon Hills is going haywire...bat-shit," Elizabeth said that was the only way to describe what she was feeling since the phone call. "Derek, I'll come back I promise...what is it?"

"Braeden's gone," He held up the letter she had left him. "That's why we turned around...the door shutting that was her leaving," Derek didn't divulge what was written in the letter instead he quickly shoved it in his pocket.

Elizabeth left Derek that night and headed back to Beacon Hills she needed to find out if Theo was okay, if Scott's pack was okay. When she arrived in Beacon Hills she closed her eyes and let the magic do the talking, that was the good thing about the telluric currents/ley lines that ran through the town. The second that Elizabeth had arrived Scott sensed it and called her.

"Ace, where are you?" Scott questioned, running a hand over his face as he stood with Malia.

'Does it matter? I have something that I need to do,' Elizabeth replied, hoping that Scott wouldn't ask her too many questions.

"Ace, stay human..." Scott said as though it was the most obvious thing for her to do.

'Scott...I've got to go, I'll talk to you later,' Elizabeth said quickly hanging up her phone and pocketing it as she looked around and saw a stream of white lights all converging in one spot. 'Theo...where are you? Don't say anything out loud...I can hear your thoughts if you want me to,'