Chapter 4 - The Rest of the Staff

Start writing your story

IMPORTANT A/N

First of all, thank you so much for the kind comments, it makes me happy that my writing isn't completely cringe and that you want more.

Secondly, I'm sorry for the slow updates, the main reason was because I wasn't in the mood to write (oops sorry) and the other reason is because I broke my phone. I literally can't even turn it on and it doesn't help that we're in a lockdown so I cant even fix it :') The front screen literally fell off,,,,, like HOW?? (also rip my screenshots and edits)

Lastly, I might make a major change with the book soon so stay tuned for that smile. Oh and is it Wil or Will if you shorten Wilbur's name?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(Next Day, After School)

I open the glass door to the café,  being met with a familiar oak scent mixed with coffee beans and tea leaves. My heart is bouncing in happiness because... wait why is it beating so hard? Am I sick? No, if I was i would have some kind of cough or a runny nose etc... then why is it-

Thump.

My head clashes with a tall man's chest. I look up expecting to see Wilbur, only to be met with an unfamiliar face.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry! I was thinking and-"

The tall stranger softly chuckles, "It's fine, don't  worry about it." he says, in a deep soothing yet monotone voice. I notice he was wearing the café uniform and had a name stitched onto his apron reading 'Techno'.  "I'm guessing you're y/n? The person Wilbur has been ranting on about? Hi, I'm Techno, nice to meet you." he smiles at me.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too" I smile back, Wil was talking about me?

"Yeah he has, he's just been fawning over you a lot and talking about how cute you are, don't worry, he hasn't said anything bad" Techno says, leaning on the café door. I need to stop saying my thoughts out loud, oh god.

"Oh y/n! There you are," another tall man approaches me, who I recognise to be Wil. Jesus, why is everyone so tall, are all the workers here going to be like 10 feet tall? How come they're all cute too? "Oh so I see you've met Techno, he's been working here for a couple of months and is pretty chill."

"Yeah, I've just been talking with him a bit. Who else works here?" I curiously ask.

"It's just me, you, Techno and Schlatt" Wilbur answers.

"Schlatt? Is he tall and cute too?" oh shit I didn't mean to say that last part

I see Wilbur's cheeks lightly tint and Techno look away.

"Uh yeah I guess" Techno calmly answers.

CRISIS AVERTED I THINK??

The familiar café bell shakes rhythmically, signifying someone walked through the door. I see yet another tall man...and he's cute too...

"Schlatt?" I see his head snap, hearing his name. Guess I was right.

"Schlatt! This is them." I hear Wilb say in a hushed tone.

"Ayyyy y/n? Nice to meet you, I'm Schlatt."

"Uh, hello, it's nice to meet you too."

"Welcome to The Gold Café, y/n" they all say in unison. oh my that was nice to listen to, if they had a podcast, I would definitely fall asleep to it.

"Thank you! I hope I have fun working with all of you from now." I happily respond.

••••••••••••

the chapters get shorter and shorter and worse and worse :')

few questions:

is it wil or will when you shorten wilbur/william?

should I just write in all lowercase or should I use capital letters?

should I write an alt ending where it's a techno x reader?

anyways, I hope you enjoyed and uh...

pls vote ur so sexy ahah

~Millie