❝soobin... i'm going to be honest with you. the cancer is spreading out a lot faster than i thought it would. i'm not sure if you have enough time...❞

soobin felt pain on his heart again. but what did dr. jung mean with 'enough time'?

❝wha- what do you mean with enough time?❞

he looked at the boy in front of him and smiled sadly at him, ❝with that i mean that i'm not sure how much time you have left anymore.❞

end of flashback

but yeonjun couldn't know that. soobin lied to him. he didn't want the older and the boys to worry even more about him. 

❝hey... you're awake,❞ yeonjun said with a raspy voice. 

❝yeah... ❞ soobin said softly.

❝how are you feeling?❞ the older got up from the chair.

i don't have much time left ❝great i guess.❞

❝are you sure?❞

no, i'm dying ❝yes.❞

❝okay...❞ yeonjun caressed his face.

soobin felt like crying. he didn't want to make the older suffer but his insides were telling him that lying to him would be even worse.

❝where are the boys?❞ soobin asked looking around the room.

❝they left an hour ago. their families were worried.❞

❝oh, okay.❞

yeonjun smiled at the younger. he wanted him to cheer up a bit.

❝you know that taehyun now likes beomgyu?❞ he blurted out.

soobin almost chocked on his own saliva and looked at the older with wide eyes.

❝oh my god what!?❞

yeonjun chuckled and nodded his head, ❝yeap.❞

❝i'm going to cry. beomgyu liked taehyun for so long, he even confessed.❞

❝i know.❞

❝you did?❞

❝mhm.❞ he hummed, remembering the day taehyun came crying to his house repeating how bad of a friend he was.

❝my ship is sailing,❞ soobin squealed.

+×+

oh my fucking god. i am gay.

taehyun has been thinking lately about his feelings towards beomgyu. he for sure liked the older but, was he gay? maybe he just liked beomgyu. he didn't want a label.

but yet he just discovered that he liked boys, which made him freak out a bit.

❝taehyunnie? can i get in?❞ his mother knocked on the door.

❝yes, yes. come in.❞ he made sure that before his mother entered the room it looked as if he was reading or whatever.

❝taehyun? why are you reading with your book downwards?❞ she lifted an eyebrow and looked at his son.

❝my.. what? downwards?❞ he looked at the cover of the book and yes, it was downwards.

fuck

❝taehyunnie... what are you thinking about? you've been spacing out a lot lately,❞ his mom sat next to him on the bed.

❝i- eh...❞

oh my god, what do i say? oh yes mom, i'm gay lmfao

❝i'mnotsureifi'mgaybuti'mgayforsureandikindalikebeomgyuwhatamisayingilikehimalot.❞

❝wha- what wait, slow down son,❞ she chuckled at the nervousness

taehyun took a deep breath and repeated his words again.

❝i'm not sure if i'm gay, but i'm gay for sure. i kinda like beomgyu, what am i saying i like him a lot. mom, what do i do?❞ he whined and hid his face with his pillow.

his mom smiled sweetly at him and took the pillow from his hands, placing it on her lap.

❝oh dear... you know taehyun, you can like whoever you want. gender doesn't matter. having you was the best decision i could have ever made. even if your dad abandoned us when you were young, it didn't stop you from growing a great persona. come here, i want a hug,❞ she opened her arms and let taehyun hug her. 

❝thank you, mom. i love you.❞

❝i love you too.❞

⭐︎