You're My Addiction [Chapter Three]

“Man, they have pizza on the menu tonight,” Megan says with a slight frown.  Erika looks at her and blinks.

“Don’t you like pizza?” She asks, looking at the arrangements of different types of pizza available.  Megan just shakes her head and sighs.

“No, I really don’t.  When I was younger, Mason and I would always eat pizza, and now it just makes me sick to even look at it,” Megan explains sticking her tongue out in disgust.  Zachariah chuckles.

“Well, I for one love pizza, so if you’ll excuse me,” Zachariah says with a smile, butting infront of the girls, reaching for a piece.

“Hey, we were in line bub!” Megan complains shoving him playfully.  He grins and shoves her back.

“You don’t like pizza though,” he says with a laugh, as he grabs a juice box.

“So, anyway,” Erika says, rolling her eyes, “What will you eat?”

“Hmm, probably a salad, and some fruit,” Megan says tapping her chin thoughtfully as the line moves up a bit more.  Zachariah rolls his eyes.

“Health nut,” he mutters, grabbing a chocolate cupcake.  Megan scowls.

“I have braces either way, so it doesn’t bother me.  You’re going to get diabetes,” Megan says, pointing to her braces.  Erika laughs, and grabs a slice of pizza and a chocolate milk.

“Well, lets go and eat, I’m starving,” Erika says with a smile.  Megan and Zachariah both nod, as they walk away from the line up of “starving” teenagers.

“Mason and Sebastian are saving us some seats,” Megan says, looking around the cafeteria.  Sebastian waves from a table by the window.  “There.”

The trio makes their way through the crowds of chatting teenagers, over to the table.  They all slide their trays down as they take a seat.  Erika blinks, noticing a few unfamiliar faces.

“Long time no see,” Mason says with a smile, picking at a piece of pineapple.  Zachariah and Erika both smile.

“Well, introduce yourselves,” Megan says, motioning to the other teenagers seated at the table with them.

“If I must,” a girl with long coppery hair says, with a smile.  Her light green eyes scanning the siblings.  “I’m Aubrey, it’s nice to meet you.”

“Likewise, I’m Zachariah,” Zachariah says with a grin.  She smiles and resumes eating her pizza.

“I’m Brian, the local nerd,” a boy with spiked blond hair says.  He had freckles coating his face, and chocolate colored eyes.

“Nerd?  How so?” Erika asks with a laugh.  He grins and blushes lightly.

“I can solve quadratic equations in math in under 20 seconds each, and I tend to play a lot of video games,” Brian says with a laugh.  Erika scrunches up her nose.

“Math makes me sick..Oh, right, I’m Erika!” She then says with a laugh.  “Video games aren’t nerdy by the way, they’re fun.”

“Not the way Brian plays.  He will sit in the room all day, and night, playing,” a boy says, looking at Erika.  She blinks.  He had shoulder length faded green hair and matching green eyes.  Zachariah laughs.

“Sounds like my kind of guy!” He grins and starts devouring his pizza.

“Well, I’m Charlie,” the boy with the green hair adds, looking at his plate.

“Nice to meet you,” Erika says with a smile.  He looks at her then smiles back, looking back down.

“Now that introductions are over, lets eat.  I want to go outside for a bit afterwards.” Megan says, slowly chewing her salad.  Erika smiles and nibbles on her pizza, hyper aware of the stinging feeling of the new piercing.