Chapter 10 (The Final Chapter)

Five Years Later

"Alec!" I called as I opened the door to mine and Alec's apartment.

I closed the door, dropping my keys on the counter, as I removed my jacket.

"Alec?!" I called once more, walking deeper into the apartment.

I stopped when I started to smell something.

"Vanilla?....." I whispered.

I followed the scent into the hallway and looked towards the staircase where I saw rose petals and candles laid out, leading up the stairs.

"Alec!" I yelled once more

When I got no answer I followed the path of roses up the stairs.

When I reached the top, I saw the path continuing in towards mine and Alec's bedroom, the door was cracked open.

When I reached the door I slowly pushed it open to reveal a sentence spelled out in rose petals on the bed.

I gasped as I read the words in my head.

I saw a piece of paper sticking out of the bundle of roses that were also set on the bed.

I slid it out from beneath the flowers and read it out loud.

"Turn around." It said in bold letters.

I turned around and saw Alec was now stood in the doorway.

He was wearing black jeans and a white button up shirt with a tie.

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a black velvet box.

My mouth fell open as he got down on one knee and opened the box, revealing a sterling silver engagement ring with a small diamond in the middle.

"Will you marry me?" He repeated the questioned plastered on the bed in petals.

Without thinking twice I smiled and answered, "Yes."

He jumped up, plucking the jewelry from its place in the box, and slid the ring on my ring finger.

I looked up into his stunning hazel eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him passionately.

"Took you long enough." I joked as I pulled away.

He smiled widely and looked deep into my eyes.

"Finally......" He whispered, "I get to marry the love of my life....."

Nine Months Later

I stood nervously beside Maryse, Alec's mom, as we got ready to walk down the isle.

"I can't believe this," I panicked, "I'm actually getting married."

"Relax Stiles," Maryse coaxed, "You deserve my son and he deserves you. I'm glad that you make him happy. I haven't seen him that way in a long time."

I smiled at her as it was now time.

We turned the corner and I saw everyone standing as we walked down the isle.

I smiled even more when I saw the faces in the large crowd.

Clary, Jace, Izzy, Simon, Luke, the pack, hell even Raphael came.

(In this Clary doesn't lose her memory of the Shadow world)

And then I saw Alec stood at the end of the isle.

All dressed up in his white and black tux, looking better than ever.

When we reached the end of the isle Maryse gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug before she took her seat beside Izzy in the front row.

I stepped up on the platform where Alec stood and the ceremony began as everyone sat down.

Before it even happened I knew this would be the best moment of my life.

And it all happened so fast. Before I knew it we had said our vows, shared a kiss, and were now walking back down the isle as everyone cheered loudly.

...

"I wish I could have met her." I said to Clary who stood across from me with a glass of champagne.

"I wish you could met her too," she replied, "But I know mom would've been proud of you."

I smiled and she said, "Now go find your husband."

I laughed and walked off looking for Alec.

When I found him he was talking with Izzy.

When she saw me she smiled at Alec before walking off.

Alec turned to face me as I walked over.

"I can't believe we're married." He said.

"I was just about to say the same thing." I agreed, "After everything we've been through we finally get a happy ending."

Alec put his drink down on the table beside him and wrapped his arms around my waist as he said, "And I wouldn't want my ending to be with anyone else. Forever?"

I looked deep into those hazel eyes that caught me from the beginning and said, "Forever."