Chapter 8

Alec's P.O.V

As the battle continued I heard a scream.

"STILES!" I yelled looking around frantically.

Another scream.

Then, all the demons just disappeared.

"What the hell?!" Scott said.

"They just vanished." Jace added.

"Where'd they go?" Braeden questioned.

"Where's Stiles?" I asked looking around.

Everyone did the same but the boy could not be found.

"Clary, he went to save you when's the last you saw him?" I asked the redhead.

Everybody turned to her as she answered, "Valentine had me. Stiles made a trade."

"What do you mean he made a trade?!" I said a little louder.

"Stiles told Valentine that if he let me go, he would go with him." She said.

"And you left him?!" I yelled.

"He told me to run, the last I saw he was fighting Valentine." She snapped back.

"We were supposed to keep an eye on him!" I yelled.

"Did you forget that you were supposed to watch out for me too!" She screamed, "Or are you too caught up in your little relationship that you forgot about that part! He's my brother and I want to find him as much as you do!"

I stepped closer to her so we were inches apart and said, "Then maybe you shouldn't have let him go in the first place."

"Alec." Izzy warned.

I rolled my eyes and stepped away from her, making my way to the roof.

Lydia's P.O.V

After Alec had his little tantrum and walked off the rest of us headed inside to what I think was the Ops room.

"How are we gonna find him?" Liam asked.

"We can use parabatai tracking." Jace said.

"What's that?" Kira asked.

"You know all these runes we have?" He questioned.

We all nodded.

"There's this rune," He lifted up his shirt to reveal a rune on his hip, "Called a Parabatai rune. It bonds two people in a way where they fight together and if one of them dies, it destroys the other. Losing a Parabatai isn't like losing a friend, it's like losing your other half."

"So who's the other?" Malia asked, "Who had the Parabatai rune."

Jace sighed and said, "Alec."

"You have fun with that." Derek said walking away.

Suddenly I started to hear things.