Chapter 9

I can't believe I just did that.

Valentine wiped his head around to face me as I was recovering from the ground.

"Now that you've activated this sword," He explained, examining the weapon in his hand, "I see no purpose for you anymore."

I reached for my blade but found it wasn't there anymore.

I looked up at him and saw he was laughing.

"I figured you were going to go for that so I........disposed of it." He said.

Without warning he swung the sword at me, aiming for my chest, I brought my arm up and blocked it, suffering a small to in the process.

"You won't win this." My father started.

Although he couldn't finish because he was interrupted by a loud banging on the door.

When we looked twords the door or flew open, Jace, Clary, Izzy, Alec, and the pack all ran in.

"Valentine don't!" Alec immediately yelled.

"Ah young love." Valentine said, wrapping his arm around my neck from behind, and holding the sword to my stomach.

"You got your sword now let him go you don't need him anymore." Alec argued.

"You're right," Valentine said, tightening his grip around my neck, "I don't need him anymore."

I felt the tip of blade poke through my flesh as I let out a whimper.

"Now," He said, "I'm leaving, and he's coming with me. And if any of you follow me, he dies."

Valentine kept his grip on me right as he headed towards the roof.

Alec's P.O.V

When we reached the museum the doors sealed shut.

"Just ram it!" Clary said.

Me and Jace both stood back and rammed the door at the same time, it didn't budge.

"Strength rune." Jace said pulling out his Steelie.

I did the same and traced over my strength rune.

We backed up and rammed the door once more, this time causing it to fly open.

We rushed in and saw Valentine holding the soul sword beside Stiles.

"Valentine don't!" I instantly yelled.

"Ah young love." He said as he wrapped his arm around Stiles' neck, easing the blade to his stomach.

"You got your sword now let him go," I said, "You don't need him anymore."

"You're right," Valentine said, tightening his grip around Stiles, "I don't need him anymore."

Stiles let out a whimper as Valentine pushed the top of his blade into his stomach.

"Now," He started, "I'm leaving and he's coming with me. And if any of you follow me, he dies."

We stayed put as he walked away with Stiles.

"He's going to the roof," Izzy said, "He can cover more of the city with the sword that way."

"I'll go," I said, "Only one of us should go."