Chapter 9 - The Company

Start from the beginning

Then, Niall broke the silence. "Do ya think someone's tryna kill us?"

I was stunned that he asked. "No, of course not."

"Then why is this happening to us," he asked.

"It's just a coincidence." I smiled

"I dun know but I definitely dun like it."

I don't like it either, Niall. But I didn't answer him. I just looked at him and sighed. We finished watching the movie and the credits started rolling. Zayn woke up when he heard the music. He looked at his cell and moaned.

"It's 4am. Why are you two still up?"

"I can't sleep." Niall replied.

"Ugh...I go to sleep for a few minutes and you stole my girl." He complained, sitting up.

Niall and I started laughing. My phone started to vibrate. It was laying on the table near Zayn. He picked it up and tossed it to me. It was a message from Aaron. Encrypted. However, I couldn't open it. I didn't have the key to unlock it. I forward the message to the only person I knew that could break it.

From: Damsel in Distress

To: Hacker God

Message: Can you crack this? It's important.

Attached: Aaron's encrypted file

"Who was that?" Zayn asked.

I smiled, "My dad. He heard about the accident and was worried when I didn't answer my room phone. I told him I'm fine. I'm with friends."

I placed the phone in my pocket and tried to forget about it. Then, there was a knock at the door. Niall stood up.

"No," I stopped him. "I'll get it."

I strolled over to the door and looked out the peephole. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw who it was. I opened the door and let Josh in.

"I couldn't sleep and I knew Niall would be up." He joked.

"Wow. You guys are like twins," I giggled.

They were both wearing white t-shirts and grey sweatpants. They were also sporting their boyish smiles.

"I didn't want to stay with Paul and his god awful snoring."he joked.

Josh jumped up on the bed with Niall, as they picked another movie to watch.

"I would love to stay and chat but I need my sleep," I told them.

Zayn quickly jumped up. "Wait, you can't be alone right now."

"If it makes you feel better, you can walk me back to my room." I teased him.

He was happy to come. We left Niall's room and headed down the hall. I walked as slowly as I could. He looked kinda helpless. Like he wanted to comfort me but was just as scared as me. However, I wasn't scared. I wasn't scared at all. However, I had to keep up the front for him. It was too dangerous for him to know the truth about me. It was quite silent. He started to talk but stopped. Then, again.

I halted, "What is it?"

Zayn put his hand behind his head and fiddled with his hair. I stared deep into his chocolate marbles. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. He just sighed. I bit my bottom lip expecting more, but nothing happened. We stood there staring at each other for a minute or so, in completely silent. Unable to speak. I didn't know what to make of it. Eventually, I had to break the silence.

"I should get to bed," I turned to open my door.

I place my key in the slot and heard it unlock. I turned the handle, but I didn't open it. So many thoughts rushed through my head. Who is trying to kill him? What is the next attack? What is he doing? What's his end game? I think a trigger in my head snapped. My head was about to explode.