Chapter 9 - Cheering up

3 days passed by and Angie didn't seem so fine. She seemed so weak, sad and depressed and I don't know if it's about me, or something else, but I'm really worried about her so when she came to work next day I decided to ask her about her problems...

- Angie... Are you sure you're okay? - I asked her.

- Yeah, yeah... I'm perfectly fine... - she said weakly - I just didn't sleep well, that's all...

She then went to her class and so did I. I'm afraid that she has some healthy issues because of me... I need to do something before it's too late.

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next time when I went in to the teacher's room Beto and Angie was there.

I leaned closer to Beto and whispered:

- Leave us alone, please...

He jumped, looked at me confused then he just nodded and left.

- Angie... Now be honest with me - I started.

- About what, Jeremias?

- When was the last time you ate?

- Uhm... Last night...

- Angie...

- Okay, fine! - she burst out - I haven't eaten for like... a week, or two... But I just can't eat!

She almost cried.

- Angie... Don't cry... - I whispered as I hugged her tightly to me.

- I can't do this anymore! I just can't! - she cried - German avoids me, or we're arguing all the time and lately it seems like even my niece loves his new girlfriend much better than me and I don't have any place in the family anymore!

What?!

- I don't think that's true... - I said, caressing her back softly.

- It is true! Esmeralda is already like a mother to Vilu, but who I am? Only her aunt!

- Her aunt that she loves...

- How do you know that?!

- I see what I see here in the Studio... She always goes to ask you for help and not Pablo, or Beto... She always tries to ask for help from you first...

Angie looked at me with her green eyes that now were red from crying and smiled a bit weakly at me.

- So please... Don't be sad anymore... - I continued as I caressed her cheek gently - And stop doing stupid things like not eating... Because with that you hurt those who cares about you... And you don't want to worry them, do you?

- No... I don't...

- See? Then I want you to come with me now... And we eat something that you like! Understood?

- Okay... - she nodded and I wiped away her tears then hugged her.

We were just hugging for some minutes when Pablo came in to the teachers room, looking really frustrated for some reason.

- Angie, can I talk to your for a minute? - he asked.

I looked at her, but she just smiled at me and nodded so I let go of her and went out of the room, but I stayed nearby to be here if Pablo upsets her again, or not.

----- TIME SKIP -----

I've been waiting for 10 minutes now and seems like they weren't arguing since Angie would've already ran out if they did.

And suddenly Pablo came out and right after him Angie came too which made me feel relieved. Pablo shot me a cold look then hugged Angie one more time before leaving and she walked up to me...

- Well? How was it? - I asked her worriedly and I may seemed weird, but I couldn't help. I was worried if Pablo will make her upset again and stuff...

- Well... We kinda made things up with Pablo... - she replied - But I'm honestly not sure... I think he'll just avoid me as he did, but he won't if I ask his help... I don't know... But atleast we didn't argue.. - she smiled.

- Yeah... - I smiled back.

- Uhm... Your invite is still up? Because I'm sooo hungry!

- Ah! Of course! And glad to hear it... - I smiled as I looked at her.

- Glad to hear what exactly?

- That you're hungry... - I said as I kissed her head then we headed out of the Studio to grab something good to eat.