RED 13

Tahimik lamang sa pagda-drive si Vince. Hindi siya nito tinanong kung bakit dito siya nagpasundo. He didn't even ask kung ano ang nangyari. Vince is like that. He doesn't pry.

"Aren't you even a bit concerned?" she asked.

"Why? What's there to be concerned about?" He glanced at her. "Akala ko ba ayaw mong pinakikialaman kita?"

"But come on, hindi ka man lang nagtatakang tinawagan kita para magpasundo?"

He shrugged. "I found that a bit odd."

"A bit? You know you're the last person I want to see."

"Then why call me?" he asked calmly.

Bakit nga ba? Kanina pa rin niya tinatanong ang sarili. But she knows what the answer is. She just doesn't want to acknowledge it. Aside from Vico, she only has Vince. Vico has his hands full and she needed to get away from all those people. Wala naman siyang dalang sasakyan and she knew that Troy won't let her borrow his, matapos nang ginawa niya kanina.

"I needed a ride," she told him.

Vince's eyebrows furrowed to what looked like concern. "Did you get into a fight again?"

She rolled her eyes. Even though she didn't answer his question, sa buntong-hininga pa lang nito ay alam nya nang alam nitong tama ang hula nito. From experience na rin siguro. Simula noong mamatay ang mommy niya ay madalas na siyang mapaaway. The first few times, napaniwala pa niya ang mga kasama sa bahay sa mga dahilan niya. But she couldn't fool Vince.

He always had this knowing look in his eyes. But he never confronted her.

"Regina, you're old enough to make mature decisions—"

"Don't call me that!"

Vince sighed. "Fine. Red," he amended. "Don't you think it's time to set your immaturities aside?"

"Stop the car." Ayaw na ayaw niyang pinangangaralan, especially kung si Vince ang mangangaral. He's always been the better one and she hates that. Kaya mas pipiliin pa niyang maglakad na lang pauwi kesa makinig dito.

"We're in the middle of a highway. Wala kang masasakyan."

"I don't care! I'll call my driver!"

"I told him to take a day off."

Napapalatak siya. "What the hell?! That's my driver! You have no right to give him a day off!"

Vince rolled his eyes. "You really need to learn how to drive."

"Why do it when I can have someone do it for me?"

"Because there will be times like this," he answered. "And I'm sure you wouldn't want to always call me whenever you will need a ride home."

She hates the fact that he's right again. Paano na lang kapag nagpunta ng Maldives si Vico? Who will take care of things for her? Sino na lang ang magtitimpla ng kape niya sa umaga?

"Can you make coffee?" she asked Vince out of the blue.

"I'm not your assistant," he replied blandly.

She decided to not engage into another word battle. Tumingin na lamang siya sa labas ng bintana at naghintay na makarating sila sa bahay. Vince must be enjoying the silence because he didn't start a conversation again.

--

Nahiga na siya pagkapagpalit ng damit at pagkatanggal ng makeup. The night is still young but she feels so exhausted. She remembered the scene she made earlier and how it felt so satisfying. But the satisfaction didn't last and after a while, she just feels empty.