RED 6

"So? How did it go?" nakangising tanong sa kanya ni Vico kinabukasan. He put the steaming coffee on her table saka ito naupo sa visitor's chair.

Napasapo siya sa noo. "Wala na ba talagang iba?" tanong niya rito.

"Wala na nga kasi, Red. It's either Troy or Vincent," sagot nito.

"Fuck! It's like trying to decide which the lesser evil is!" Napasabunot siya sa sariling buhok, not minding if it took hours to get it up like that. Tumayo nman si Vico at isinarado ang pintuan, para na rin hindi makasagap ng tsismis ang mga tsismoso at tsismosa nilang empleyado.

"I've never seen you so worked up over guys," nakangisi nitong kumento.

She glared at him. "You're not helping!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Nag-psychology ka, di ba? Help me analyze this problem!" utos niya rito.

Vico resumed his seat and played with his scarf. Nangangati ang kamay niyang ipulupot iyon sa leeg ng pinsan. She wanted to kill someone and since the two devils are untouchable, Vico seemed to be the easiest prey.

But she needs his help. Or anybody's, for that matter. Kung kaya niyang solusyonan ang problema ng mag-isa, hindi na sana niya kailangang lumapit kay Troy. That was a huge mistake!

"Bakit kasi ayaw mo kay Vincent? He's perfect! Mauubusan ako ng adjectives kapag inisa-isa ko ang great qualities nya, Red!"

"I don't like him!"

"You don't have to like him naman, di ba? You just have to marry him. Nobody said anything about liking him. And besides, it's not as if you're capable of liking anyone."

She wanted to get mad but he spoke the truth. Despising people is a lot easier than liking them. And she's good at hating people. But still, when you're under marriage, your partner has a hold on you. And they'd have to live in the same house and sleep on the same bed and possibly...

She shook her head.

"I can't stand being around him."

"Can you stand being around Troy?"

That's easier to answer. Troy's a lot easier to be with. Mas bearable. Panira lang kasi iyong kundisyon nito e. Okay na sana. Kung gusto nitong mas malaki ang makukuha nito, papayag siya! But a son? There's no way in hell.

"I can stomach Troy. Not Vincent."

"Pero willing kang anakan sya?" tanong nito.

Napangiwi siya. "That's the problem."

"Problem? Problem 'yon sa 'yo? If I were you, I'd say yes in a heartbeat! Making children with him would be fun." He gave her a knowing look, with matching wiggling of his eyebrows.

"You're disgusting, Vico," she said with a grunt.

"Can't you take both?" nakangisi nitong tanong.

"Seriously!" She's getting more impatient talking to Vico. Mukhang puro kalandian ang alam nito sa buhay.

"Okay, okay! Kidding aside though, I think na mas matino si Vincent kesa kay Troy."

"But I don't want Vincent!" she insisted.

"Then choose Troy!"

"But—"

"Ano ba talaga ang gusto mo? Do you want me to convince you to choose Troy or to like Vincent?"

"Fuck!" Napasubsob siya sa lamesa. "I want you to get me out of this mess!"

"I'm not a genie, Red."