RED 21

"We're not done talking."

But he still wasn't talking. Ilang minuto na silang nakatayo sa may pintuan pero tahimik pa rin ito. It's as if they're both trying to stare each other down.

"I have nothing more to tell you."

"I do."

"Then speak up! Quit staring at me!"

Troy leaned against the door and gave her a lazy smile. "Does that make you uncomfortable?"

Everything about him makes her uncomfortable. His smile. His demeanor. Even his smell makes her uncomfortable. Kung iyon ang pagbabasehan niya, she wouldn't want to be married to him. How will she survive the married life if she's uncomfortable with her husband?

"Yes, it does. So quit it!"

But he didn't quit. Things are like that with Troy. He tends to use people's vulnerabilities against them. When she admitted that she doesn't like being stared at, his gaze became more intense. Moments later, he started advancing.

"Hindi ka na nakakatuwa!" She took a step back.

"Hindi ka na rin nakakatuwa," he retorted.

"Ano ba'ng problema mo?"

"Ikaw."

She felt the back of her knees hit something solid. Upuan yata iyon. He pushed her gently. Napaupo siya. Upuan nga. Gusto niyang matawa sa sarili. She badly needs a distraction right now, or else she will give in.

He held her chin and tilted it upward. "Look at me," he commanded. "Do you want me?"

"N-No," she lied.

"Look at me," pag-uulit nito.

She was unable to look into his eyes. Pilit niyang ibinababa ang tingin. Look at the couch. What's the color of the couch? Troy let go of her chin. Ipinatong nito ang mga kamay sa tigkabila niya. She momentarily stopped breathing.

"You want me."

It sounded like he's stating a fact, no arrogance in that statement. And she could not deny that.

Napapikit siya when she felt his lips on hers. It was a close-mouth kiss. Para lang pinatungan ng bulak ang labi niya. But it lasted for a few good seconds before he backed away.

"I thought we'd just talk," she whispered.

"This is talking in my vocabulary," he said before claiming her lips once again.

--

Vico and the girls are playiing dress up. Nakita kasi nito ang mga itinatago niyang dress sa closet niya. Hindi pa rin bumabalik si Red mula kanina. Wala ni isa man sa kanilang tatlo ang nagtatanong kung bakit. Siguro ay dahil na rin sa alam nila pare-pareho kung ano ang talagang nangyayari sa kabilang bahay.

"Is this yours?!"

Ela gaped at the shoe Ariesa was holding. Mga seven inches din siguro ang sapatos. It was a black and gold strappy shoe. Kinuha ni Ariesa ang kabiyak noon at saka ibinigay sa kapatid.

"Grabe! Nagsusuot ka ng ganito?!"

He laughed at their reaction. "I wore those once, sa isang drag race. That's where I met Mitch."

"Your boyfriend?"

"My soul mate."

The two girls melted at the mention of soul mate. Naupo sa sahig ang dalawa.

"How?" Ariesa asked. "Kasali sya sa race o tagapanuod lang?"

"Nanuod lang sya nun. He immediately caught my attention kasi ang tangkad at ang gwapo nya," he said dreamily.