RED 5

Sinugod niya ang ama sa opisina nito. Marami syang gustong itanong. And she wants them answered now! But when she entered his office, si Vincent ang naabutan niya. Prenteng-prente itong nakaupo sa mamahaling chair na dating upuan ng daddy niya.

"Regina! So nice to see you."

But in spite of what he said, he didn't look happy upon seeing her.

"Where's my dad?" mataray niyang tanong.

"Dad's on his way home. He said he wanted to rest."

Napataas ang kilay nya nang marinig niyang tinawag nitong dad ang daddy niya. Vincent never dared to call him that when she's around. Until now. Sumama ang pakiramdam niya dahil doon. Something's changed in him. Parang naging mas kampante na ito. It's like she couldn't ignore his existence anymore.

"Don't call him that."

"Why not?" Now it's his turn to raise an eyebrow.

"You're adopted!"

"So?"

"Sampid ka! You have no right!"

"And yet I hold the largest stock." He gave her a mocking grin. "Isn't it ironic?"

"Bwisit!"

Padabog siyang naglakad palabas ng office na iyon.

"Regina!" he called after her.

"What!" she snapped.

He gave out a sigh. Sumeryso ito.

"Whatever you want to tell him, you can tell me. I will relay the message."

"I have to ask him some things."

"Then ask me."

"It's none of your concern!"

His lips pressed into a grim line.

"If it concerns your dad, then it concerns me."

"Alright." She walked towards him and leaned on his table, displaying dominance. But he didn't quiver under her stare like the others do. "What did you do to make him give you his stocks?"

"The truth?"

"Yes."

Vincent leaned back on his chair, mischief evident in his eyes.

"Marry me first and then I'll tell you."

Regina scoffed. "Ganyan ka na ba kadesperado?"

His face darkened. She knew she hit a nerve. If there's one thing that Vincent hates to be taken for, it's being desperate.

"Do you really want to know the truth?" He stood up. She suddenly felt small. Matangkad si Vincent. Even with her four-inch heels, nakatingala pa rin siya rito. "Your father owes me."

"Magkano? Babayaran ko." She tried to sound like she's not intimidated by his height. She wished he would sit again. Nangangalay na ang leeg nya.

He gave her a mocking smile. "Babayaran mo? Do you think you can pay me with your money?"

"Mayaman ako!"

"Even with all your stocks and properties, you can't pay his debt. Your dad lost all his cash in Vegas. Hinahabol na sya ng mga pinagkakautangan nya. The only way he can avoid to have the rest of his properties taken is to transfer them under my name, together with his stocks."

Hindi makapaniwala si Red sa narinig. Her dad never gambled! And if he needs help with money, nandyan naman sya, handang magpahiram dito ng pera. Why did he go straight to Vincent? Sure, he holds the biggest stock, pero marami rin naman syang pera. Saka marami syang properties under her name. Surely, that's enough!