1

"Full of loneliness
This garden bloomed
Full of thorns
I bind myself in this sand castle"

~

why do i exist ?

He laid down on the cold floor of his bedroom while looking at the moon through the large glass windows. He took a deep breath and then shifted sides. He shut his eyes tightly for a while and then finally managed to sit up.

His throat was feeling dry so he got up and almost stumbled towards the door and stepped into the dark, gloomy hallway.

The hallway was big, and the moon outside was big and bright shining in the clear night sky. The moonlight was bright but not bright enough to light the hallway and make it seem livelier.

It was also silent.

So silent that he could hear his own breathing and the beating of his heart clearly. His footsteps echoed in the entire hallway as he made his way towards the kitchen.

The entire castle was dark, gloomy and silent but he didn't care. Maybe he did, but he was too empty to even think about it.

He poured the water in the glass and chugged it down due to the desperation of quenching the thirst. He then slammed down the glass on the slab, a bit too hard, almost breaking it.

He turned around and leaned onto the slab and groaned in frustration. The loneliness was eating him up alive and there was absolutely nothing that he could do about it.

So he decided to walk out towards his garden.

His only source of happiness.

The endless garden of flowers. Every kind of flower was available here and the strong scent was everywhere.

The roses, tulips, orchids, daffodils, gladiolus', all the flowers were glowing under the moonlight and what a beautiful sight it was.

Except for that one corner,

the corner he tried his best to avoid.

In the middle of his garden of the dead violets, died grass and leaves were the statues of his late parents.

He hadn't been in that side of the garden for six years now. Not after what happened. Being over there would only result in triggering his post traumatic stress disorder.

Even though the garden of the dead violets was at a very far and small corner, it was very eye catching and prominent. The contrast was too strong.

He had tried getting rid of it, he really did but everytime he walked there he was unable to stop those petrifying thoughts.

The first time he tried to get rid of the statues was recently after their death but he broke the father's one.

He was supposed to carry both the statues quickly to the basement of the castle where all the other belongings of his parents were but he dropped the statue.

His heart clenched when he saw the statue of his late father but he managed to put the remains of it back up. Only the area above the pelvis and the left arm was saved.

He didn't dare touch his mother's statue after that, because he didn't want to repeat his mistake.

He also tried to get rid of the dead violets in the garden, but he would get anxious every time he would go there. More than often he would end up with nightmares.

Waking up in the middle of the cold night, screaming in fear and out of breath was a situation he had been in more times than he liked.

He would have headaches or even fall ill. But the thing that he dreaded was the fact that there was no one to save him.

He had accepted his fate.

Apart from the dark, gloomy castle and the dead garden the flowers were the only bright and colourful thing in his life and he would often come here to distract himself.

He walked further into his garden and stood in the middle of it admiring his making. After a while he walked around the garden looking at the alluring flowers.

He would delicately touch some of them every now and then.

It was beautifully silent.

Under the moonlight, the flowers and him alone in a comfortable silence.

But he couldn't stay in the garden forever no matter how much he wanted to. He had to go back into the castle as it was past midnight and he had to get his sleep.

But before that, he bent down and cautiously touched his jasmines. He took a deep breath and inhaled their beautiful smell.

Jasmine after all was known as the flower of night, its white petals illuminating brightly in the dark night and its smell ever so strong.

He collected a few in his hands and carefully took them back into his castle.

He sat in his large living room, lit up some candles making it nice and warm and spread the jasmines infront of him on the table and then laid back closing his eyes.

His mind was at ease right now, there were no irrational thoughts and the fear of being and dying alone was not one of his concerns. The smell of the jasmines and the little warmth that the many candles had created was the only thing lingering his mind.

Forgetting about everything the king fell asleep.

~