She felt herself being snuggled closer, and that was when she woke up. She opened her eyes and found herself in the familiar arms of a man. She craned her neck and saw Kwon Jiyong, sleeping peacefully like a baby while cradling her small frame in his arms.

She would have rubbed her eyes repeatedly, if only Jiyong didn’t imprison her in his arms completely. This is it. I’m insane. God, Dara, I thought you’d do better! And worse, you’re even conjuring Kwon Jiyong’s hologram! Aigoo, you need to be checked in an asylum!

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, hoping that Jiyong’s “hologram” will soon vanish. Yet, even after it took her five minutes repeating the same mantra, the “hologram” was still there, cuddling her.

“Jiyong-ah…” She muttered, and to her surprise, Jiyong’s “hologram” fluttered his eyes open. He smiled at Dara gently.

“Good morning, babe.” He uttered in his impossibly sexy morning voice. That was the only time when Dara realized that it wasn’t a hologram conjured from her overactive imagination– it was Kwon Jiyong. She was about to scream her lungs out when Jiyong suddenly buried his face on the crook of her neck, nuzzling his nose against her delicate skin. It sent shivers down to her spine and she felt like every nerve endings on her body had been woken up.

They stayed in that position for a long time, no one talking. Dara decided to break the silence. “Ji, why are you here?” She asked in a broken voice. “Why are you doing this?” Tears were on the verge of her eyes once again.

Jiyong sighed and sat on the bed while Dara did the same. Jiyong was staring at her but she chose to face the other side. “Noona…”

Her heart fluttered at the way he said it, as if they were back in the old days when they were just plain Dara and Jiyong. It made her remember the way his eyes crinkle when he laughs and how a side of his mouth upturns when he was amused. It told her stories how he used to stroke her hair lightly and how she made him sing “Because Noona You’re My Woman” to her so she could fall asleep. It reminded her of the unspoken communication which goes on between them, whether it’s something important about planning a surprise or something so trivial like picking the popcorn’s flavor. It allowed her to think of all the things that they could have been… but they were not.

“I remember it all.” He added silently.

For a split second, she thought she heard it wrong. No, actually, she prayed she heard it wrong. He remembers? Already? Tears spilled from her eyes. Then he doesn’t need me anymore, right? Why did he do this? To make up for all the lost times?

“Then I guess you’d be out of my life now.” She said in a low voice, trying her best to act nonchalant about it.

Fuck you, Kwon Jiyong. You’re so cruel.

“Dara, it’s not–”

“It’s okay, Ji. Wasn’t this what you told me? That you’d get out of my life as soon as you remember?” She stood up, and her knees almost buckled, but she did her best to act as if she was feeling great and not at all shitty. She slowly walked towards the bathroom door. “Bye… Mr. Kwon.” She opened the door and was about to go inside when Jiyong beat her to it.

“Damn it, Kwon Sandara, will you please fucking listen to me?!” He screamed, disbelief and frustration marked on his face and voice. He held both of her shoulders and stared hard at her. Dara felt herself getting hypnotized by his eyes again, and her only thought was that she wanted to run. She doesn’t want to confront Jiyong and break down in front of him. It’s all too much for her to handle.

She tried to run but his grip on her was steel-like. She tried to flail her arms but Jiyong was a lot stronger than her. Still, she didn’t give up. She kicked and screamed and flailed, but in the end, he only embraced her tightly. His face was buried in her auburn locks, and she could feel hot liquid running through her neck. “I’m sorry, Sandara. I’m so sorry I messed up.”

She froze. Even before, there had only been one time when Jiyong called her like that. Sandara. As if everything revolved around her and nothing else. He has that talent to make you feel like you’re the most special person in the world, when in reality, it was him. She remembered how he also called her name like that when he confessed to her. Sandara.

Her limp arms slowly made their way across Jiyong’s waist. She embraced him tightly; wanting him to know how she feels. No more words were exchanged, until Jiyong pulled away from her grasp and stared at her, taking her all in. His hands made its way towards her cheeks and he gently brushed it. He leaned toward her forehead and gently kissed her.

He looked at her once again, marvelling at her beauty. And then he said it. The magic words which were like a spell. They vanquished Dara’s pain and doubts for the past five years of their lives.

“Babe, Park Sandara, noona, Mrs. Kwon Jiyong…” He smiled tenderly. “I love you.”

His face slowly leaned down to meet hers, and she gingerly closed her eyes. As soon as his lips descended on hers, she couldn’t feel or see or hear anything other than Kwon Jiyong and the wild beating of their hearts. It was all magic, and for once Dara believed that everything will be perfect.

Because she has Kwon Jiyong.

_____________________________________________________________

The comments felt great so here I am again kekeke ~ I hope more readers will comment <3 Besides, Ji finally remembered!! Hurrah!~ ;D Thanks everyone!~

Don't forget to vote and comment ;P

-X