codependency

There's no point in pouring love into an addict and not to say that they're not worthy of love or time or effort.

You'll just never be first in their agenda.
Unless they can message to borrow a few bucks.

You'll lose yourself trying to find the love and effort your putting in reciprocated.

An addict is the exact definition of we have to love ourselves before we can love anyone else.

They love their addiction, you'll always play the mistress.

You'll never be first and what's worst is you'll wish that you were.

Good luck calming their storms cause their coping mechanisms are kind of broken down cogs.

Don't believe the beauty and the beast or black widow and the hulk vibes.

They've built a rage no one can calm and it's entirely not even your fault.

You can love an addict, let me be clear.

You can love them, but you can never have expectations.

You'll lay boundaries and shed tears as they disrespect them and pay more attention to their own walls.

You can love an addict, but let me be clear.

You need to take care of your needs first.

I just am scared of who I can become if I succumb to the same darkness that consumes you

Cause honestly I'm weak enough to collapse, but scared enough to know

This darkness that you seek I cannot follow

So hear me while I plead for my medicine is my love and I can only spare what's necessary

I just wish that you would love me more than your pain and your addictions.

Now I'm questioning everything you've ever said to me

and its heart chillingly clear