|⒋

chapter four.
❛ 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐄𝐒 ❜

Regulus Black stood, mouth parted slightly as he looked at his brother and his friends

"Sirius."

Sirius looked shocked, "So you do know me. Never would've guessed."

Regulus looked down, tears pooling in his eyes.

"They would've hurt me. They would've come for you."

Sirius stared at him, "No. Don't start with me Regulus, I came to you, wanting to help and you pushed and kicked until everyone who cared gave up!"

Regulus looked away harshly as if he had been slapped.

"You had a choice! You had friends that could save you! Well welcome to the real world, Sirius! You left. You left me! You came back when it was beneficial to you!" Regulus got closer to his brother, pushing him now with each sentence, "You left everything on me! Everything! I didn't get a chance to leave because I was too busy making up for you and me! I needed you! And YOU! WEREN'T! THERE!"

Regulus shoved Sirius one last time with tears blinding his vision, until his brother fell to the floor.

"I just wanted my brother back."

Sirius sat on the floor, his hands holding him up, he didn't speak for a long while until James stuck his hand out to help him up.

Remus and Peter stepped closer behind Sirius.

"I know. I'm sorry." Regulus continued to look at the floor, "It was my decision, and I should've been there for you. You shouldn't have had to go through it. I'm so, so sorry Reg. I- I'm so sorry." He looked down as well, both brothers crying.

Wisteria looked to James Potter mouthing for him and the other two to help Sirius back to the Gryffindor common room and she would help Regulus.

James nodded to the boys to help Sirius back as he staggered towards Reg and Steria,

James paused before sticking out his hand, "James."

Wisteria looked at him skeptically whilst still holding hands with Regulus she clasped her other in his, "Wisteria."

James nodded, "thank you."

And left to go to his common room leaving Regulus and Steria to stare after him until she hugged Regulus tight and they walked back to the Dungeons.

𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐄𝐒
a regretful acknowledgment

of an offence

or failure.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥