|⒌

chapter five.
❛ 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 ❜

Regulus Black stood carefully in front of the mirror

He looked broken.

He was fighting himself for not responding earlier. Not trusting earlier. Not focusing earlier.

Not thinking about it before doing so, Regulus tore out parchment for his journal, dipping his quill in the dark ink, the scratches of the quill resounded out through the dormitory as he was the only one in the room.

━━

Mother and Father,

The words you have heard are in truth. I have been associating myself with people who you do not approve.

Though they are not dirtied. They are not animals, nor are they of tainted blood. No matter what we will always share the same blood flowing through our bodies. It's fact, not choice.

You don't get to suddenly decide if one is of tainted blood or pure. You are the animals, you're in the wrong.

Everything I hold dear is unacceptable to you, and if that's the path you are going to force me to take, then so be it.

I have met someone who now holds the key to all the riches in the world, in love and hope. You can keep your blessed vault, I have no use for it.

If this is what it looks like to be a part of this family, I want no part.

I'm sorry.

R.A.B.

━━

Regulus stood up from the desk, reading through the words upon words of ink.

And he ran.

He ran as far as his legs could allow, as far as his lungs could take in the could late winter night. His body pleading for him to take a break, or just break.

His footfalls were ragged to match his breathing, heavy steps as he sprinted.

Then he finally stopped. He looked out to the glistening waters of the Black Lake grunting out a whimper he threw the crumbled up letter as far as he could, into the waves, creating ripples until they eventually snapped and faded back to the original pattern.

He screamed, his voice being absorbed and drowned out by the body of water.

A twig snapped under the foot of someone that hadn't been him. He turned around in distress, pleading the person to just leave him alone.

Until he came upon a sight that made his heart ache and his feet lead him closer until he was wrapped tightly in his brother's arms.

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒
A brother teaches his siblings about life values - this is usually a responsibility of elder brothers. A role model, A friend.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥