|⒊

chapter three.
❛ 𝐄𝐔𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀 ❜

When you find someone who can make you laugh

Smile. Grow. Lust. Want.

Crave. Feel. Make you mad but happy. Keep that.

That's euphoria.

___

The two young teens sat talking about anything that came to mind down in the fields of Hogwarts grounds.

The grass that lushly littered the ground came up to cradle them, the light hazy waves of sky almost kneeling towards it's king and queen. As of knowing these two could create and destroy worlds with a whisper and a wink.

Laughing and forgetting the chaos and distress that was up and coming with the wizarding world. For the most part.

The blanket that was set out held both of them on top, the two closed eyes with his sun kissed freckles against his pale skin and her rosy cheeks complimenting her sun kissed complexion.

Regulus, after the witty comment his friend made, grabbed her lightly by the waist, and rolled over on the blanket so that she was nuzzled into his side. His arms wrapped around her waist, her arms around his torso.

Both lay there in contentment, enjoying the moment of euphoria,

"This. This is what I want."

Regulus looked at the small girl in his arms, "what do you mean, Steria?"

"I want to be here. With you. Enjoying everything, with our parents gone and everything just, good, for now."

Regulus sat up, her coming with him,

"Why can't it be?"

Wisteria gave him a seldom glance, "Because Reg, there is something in the way. You are creating a wall, Baby. Understand that it's not just you but you mother. Your father it's just-"

"I don't see you up and leaving your family, doing anything about what you say." Regulus' gaze turned hard, his emotions close to the brink of unearthing but like arms of a dam, they were held back.

"I-"

Regulus continued, "you talk about what's right, and justice when you are still kept looking to your parents and their views. You're becoming blind by your hypocrisy, Wisteria. Open your eyes, you're not so righteous yourself."

Wisteria looked at him in shock, "R-Regulus, I have told them off many times. I- I have not been home truly since fourth year." She stood, out of his arms, defiance prominent.

"But alright. If that's what it takes for you to get your head out of the ground from fearing your own parents, Yourself, Then alright. You needn't take out your struggles on people who truly love you, Regulus Black. I love you. And nothing will ever change that, but you need to at least try to get back what is left of your life."

"I made you a promise. That I would never leave your side, that we would stay, never leave the other behind." She paused, looking down and seeing the necklace tucked under her uniform so that no one had been able to see it. "I intend to keep it. I'm here for you, Reg. Help me understand, Baby." A tear escaped against her, "I want to help you."

She grasped the necklace and untucked it from her formal shirt, showing the oval locket that had a handwritten cursive R and W inscribed in the silver metal.

Regulus Black sat in worry, "I'm sorry. I hadn't known you had not been home." He paused, "your right. I'm scared. I'm scared out of my mind for everything! for what's going to happen."

Wisteria kelt down to him, "it's alright to be scared, because there are people who are here to replace fear with bravery."

___ 𝐌 𝐀 𝐆 𝐍 𝐎 𝐋 𝐈 𝐀 ___

The two sat there until the day had ended, holding each other until they're pieces were glued raggedly enough to stand and face the terror of the current world.

They walked back to the commons in comfortable silence, curfew the last crushing thought on their minds.

Regulus had suddenly stopped, Wisteria noticing as his hand was clasped with her own,

"Reg, Darling, is something the matter?"

She walked closer, placing a hand on his cheek,

"If this is what calm I can grasp before everything goes to hell, I'm going to hold on for my life." He finally looked up from his daze to the floor, to her face. "This isn't how things are supposed to go, Steria. We are teenagers. Teenagers! We should be sneaking out at late hours and falling in heartbreaking love," he laughed bitterly, "I'm not letting my life go, not more than what's already been stolen." He grasped her other hand from his face, "I don't mind stealing back what's left of my life."

Wisteria gave a watery laugh through her smile, "me too, baby. Me too."

Regulus wiped her tears with his thumbs whilst his hands were placed on her face, "it's our turn."

Both were unreasonably close, leaning towards one another, Regulus had glanced at her lips and her face changed from the rosy hue to a darkened red.

"Who's there! Who's there! No students are to be out past curfew!"

They two teens looked back to one another from the voice, Regulus closed his eyes and leaned his head back groaning in annoyance, "we will continue this later." When she laughed he grasped her hand and began running.

___ 𝐌 𝐀 𝐆 𝐍 𝐎 𝐋 𝐈 𝐀 ___

"The slytherin prince out past curfew? Unheard of."

Regulus' breath caught in his throat at the voice.

𝐄𝐔𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀
is the experience,

or affect

of pleasure or excitement,

and intense feelings of well-being

and happiness.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥