Chapter | 38

"If opportunity doesn't knock,
build a door"

•Alexis' POV•

I ran down the empty streets as I ran farther and farther away from Blake's mansion. I could still hear his voice echoing in my head. I pulled out my phone, not stopping, as I dialed Ashley's number.

"What?" That was the first thing she said to me.

"I'm coming over. I just kneed Blake and I need a place to stay, asap!"

My breathing was starting to be irregular as I slow down.

"Ok. I'll be standing outside."

"Ok. I should be their in-"

I stop on my track and shivered. I could feel someone's eyes burning through my skull. I turn around and look at my surroundings.  

Nothing.

"Lexi?"

I shook my head and continue jogging.

"Sorry. I thought someone or something was following me."

I was beginning to feel paranoid.

"Maybe a wolf. It's almost 8, so you better hurry before they come and eat you."

I rolled my eyes at her statement.

"As if-"

My phone fell out of my hand as a hand covered my mouth. It smells like blood and alcohol. I mentally gagged as the large rough hand covered my mouth tightly.

I remain still as I look back. All I saw was a man with a black mask, black shirt, black pants, and-basically everything is black.

How could I not feel their presence or footsteps?

The dude looks pretty strong. He looks like he would be the type of person that would be easily defeated.

I let out a sigh.

"Well, this is a first." He suddenly spoke.

He dragged me to who knows whereas I thought of a plan. I can't call since my phone is broken but I can run away if I find this dude's weakness.

"Normally they will be fighting back and stuff. But you are awfully quiet, " he said while looking around.

Distracted he loosens his grip on me giving me access to attack him. I elbow him in the eye, kick the back of his leg, and ran. He let out a groan as he fell face first, which was not part of the plan, but it works.

I look straight forwarded as I ran closer and closer to Ashley's house. I heard the man's yelling and other people's voices too.

I increased my pace when I heard their very loud footsteps coming closer and closer to me. My heart raced as I dare not look behind me.

If only I didn't knee Blake in the ball.

Do I regret it, tho?