Chapter | 24

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

•Alexis' POV•

I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming. Ow! Nope, I wasn't. This really can't be happening.

So I did the one thing that anyone would have done. I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"WHAT?!" Both Audrey and I shouted.

Blake just stared at me with a calm face.

"NO NO NO! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE! I'M YOUR FIANCÉE!" She shriek.

Suddenly I heard rushing footsteps. I wiggled around trying to get out of his hold. There must be a mistake!

"Stop moving."

I glared at him.

"No! I'm not about to fake being your fiancé!"

He tightens his hold as he stares straight at me.

"Who said this was fake?"

My eyes widen. But before I could ask him what he meant by that a loud voice interrupted us.

"What's going on? Oh my goodness! What's wrong, Valerie!?" A mid-age woman rushed to a crying or whatever Valerie is doing.

"B-Blake just said I wasn't his f-fiancée!" She cried out.

I rolled my eyes. You ain't the only one surprised today. I struggled against Blake's hold again. But nothing worked.

The woman turned and gasped as she saw Blake hugging me. She looked at me and glared at me. Woah. She's pretty ugly.

"You!" She pointed her long boney, perfectly painted nails at me.

"How dare you steal a taken man!" She scowled at me.

My mouth dropped.

"Woah Woah! I know not! I'm not marrying anyone nor looking for anyone. At your 'future daughter-in-law' is a fake! Her name isn't even Valerie!"

"Do you really think I would believe you! I mean why else would Blake say he wasn't marrying this sweet beautiful girl? Hm?"

Why am I in this situation in the first place?

I elbow Blake causing him to let out. He let out an oof.

I step in front of him. I crossed my arms and glared at him. He looked at me and knew straight away that I was serious.

"Go tell your mother the truth!"

He let out a sigh.

"Fine."

Audrey stop crying and smirked at me. While his stepmom looked at me with disgust.