Chapter | 23

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

-unknown

•Alexis' POV•

"Fiancée!?" I shriek as my eyes widen the size of a pig's nose.

"Dude! How will she react knowing I have been staying here! Well more like taken against my will but still! I got to go, by-"

Blake grabbed my hand, cutting me off.

"Hold on! Let me explain!" He pleaded.

"You better start. I don't want to be in between you guys' relationship."

I noticed Blake clenched his jaw as I spoke.

"She's not my real fiancée."

"What?" I said.

Now I'm confused.

"Are you ok, Blake?"

He grabbed both of my hands as I tried to get out of his grip.

"What are you do-"

He tightens his hold.

"My mom set me up with her. Well, my stepmom. She wanted a rich, beautiful daughter-in-law."

"You have a stepmom?"

He nodded.

"Yeah. She killed my mom when she realized my dad was in love with my mom instead of her."

My eyes soften.

"Poor, Blakie Bear."

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I told you I hated that name."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Whatever. But why is your dad married with that bitch if she was the one who killed your mother?" I asked.

He sighed.

"She blamed my mother's death on someone else. My dad being heartbroken he believed her. 8 years later he stills believes her. That bitch must have brainwashed him real good But he only married her because he didn't want me to grow up without a mother. He still loves my mom no matter what."

He let out a chuckled.

"My stepmom always complained to the maid how he never does things with her. 8 years since my mom's death and he is still loyal to her. I respect that."

"Damn." That was all I got to say.

"But you must know that Valerie is a no one. My stepmom just keeps on trying to hook her up with me. But little does she knows I'm in love with someone else."

My heart clenches for some unknown reason when he mentions that he loves someone else. I fake my excitement.

"Really! Who is she?" I asked with a fake smile.