Chapter 7 - Resignation - Zayn

I looked at the ground the whole time I told Eleanor what happened. How I told her how her boyfriend died.

At the end, I finally looked up. She was staring at me with disbelief and shock. I saw a flash of anger in her eyes, and he stood up. She gazed down at me from above, and before running away, she gave me a teary-eyed look that was drowning in pity.

Then she ran off, dissapearing through the immense color of roses and exotic flowers.

It would have been pretty, beautiful even. Possibly even romantic. That was, if tears didn't run down in rivers on my cheeks, and if I hadn't just lost the only person in the world I still had. My last friend.

_____

* 4 DAYS LATER*

My head was pounding.

That was the first thing I noticed. The other was that there was an odd banging sound, like someone was doing construction, beating at wood with a hammer.

"Wha...?" I said as I sat up in bed, which my head did NOT appreciate, and started pounding in my skull so hard and loud I felt my heartbeat in my ears. I swung my feet off the bed, and rubbed my fingers against my temples.

"BOOM BOOM BOOM!" With each sickeningly loud beat my head pounded like an epileptic rabbit in sync with the beat of my heart.

I hated hangovers.

The first few moments of my awakening were spent in almost agonizing pain. As my head started to lessen the throbbing, I looked at the clock. It was 3pm. A bit after noon. I couldn't remember when I had gone to bed, well, I couldn't remember anything that happened last night. I was too drunk at the time.

"BOOM BOOM BOOM!" Another wave of banging came with the all too familiar pounding in my head, and this time, recognition.

Someone was knocking on the door. Obviously.

I stood up and looked around. Beer bottles littered my blue sheets and there were wine stains on it, the bed was drenched in sweat where I had been sleeping, and the tellie across from my bed was on, no sound coming from it, but the screen was gray and flickering. I walked over and turned it off with my hand, the other holding my still pounding head. It felt as if my brain was trying to escape my skull.

I left my room and crossed the living room, and looked around. I think this was the most time I had spent sober in the past 3 days. My living room was covered in filth, beer bottles and wine glasses, along with empty foam cups and food trash scattered along the muddy and brown-once-white carpet. The couch was littered with more beer bottles and a broken tequila glass that I had shattered in a drunken rage.

"BOOM BOOM BOOM!" The rap of knuckles against wood was a hammer against my skull.

"COMING!" I yelled, wondering for a brief moment who it was before I spotted an unopened beer bottle, grabbed it and flipped the top off, the lid falling to the ground uncaringly. I tipped the bottle up as the brown bitter liquid flooded my mouth and I reached for the door knob and threw the door open, completely ready to yell at the person on the other side who thought to interrupt my sleep, even if it was 3pm.

But when I opened the door and glanced at the person on the opposite side, yelling was the last thing that came to mind.

"Eleanor?"

_____

I know it's super super short, but it was needed. And I will update again before the day is over.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

xoxo - Bri