~

five o'clock, after lessons

Tom and Avery tip-toed in the girl's bathroom without getting caught.

"Guard the entrance." he demanded Avery, who obeyed him immediately.

Tom was facing one of the sinks, and his mouth opened. The word he spoke wasn't in english though. It was plain, almost breathless and it sent shivers down Avery's spine.

Suddenly, the sinks started parting a way, revealing a hole between them. Tom summoned a ladder so they wouldn't have to jump in the rather dark hole. He was first to go, followed by his friend.
The floor on which they stepped on after climbing down was covered in bones. Most likely fake bones, still, it was pretty morbid. They walked through the large pipes, until they reached a wide hallway. It had sculptures of snake heads at the sides of it, with a green light covering the place. At the very end of the hallway, was another sculpture of Salazar's head, the sides of it covered with his slightly wavy hair.

"Stay back and close your eyes!" Riddle told Avery.

"Come out, reveal yourself!" Tom once again spoke in parseltongue.

The sculpture which resembled Salazar's face opened it's mouth, revealing a humongous, ugly snake, also known as a basilisk sliding out of it.

"Masterrr issss hereee. I am ready to ssserve himm." the snake replied Tom.

"You know your duty. Don't fail me."

"I never failed my massterr and I never willl."

And with that, the two boys left the chamber unnoticed.

As they were walking in the hallways, Avery spoke. "My Lord, where are we going now?"

"You are going to go back to the common room. Tell the other what we did. I have to go teach Miss.Wallis Potions. Also, I want to thank you for your help."

"It was my pleasure." the blonde boy said, separating ways with Riddle.

~

"You're here." he said at the sight of Julia, who was casually sitting at the same table.

"I'm not always late, if that's what you thought." she replied with a sassy tone.

Tom sat down in front of her.
"Today I am going to teach you how to make the Cure for Boils. Do you know what that is?"

"It's a liquid that cures boils. I know it requires Horned Slugs, Snake Fangs and... I can't remember the last one."

"Porcupine Quills." he finished. "You're memory is fascinating for someone who had learned this in their first year."

Julia shrugged. Tom has noticed her ignorance the whole day, but after all, it didn't bother him, considering the fact that he also wanted to focus on more important things.

He walked to one of the drawers and took out three bottles, all of them containing one of the ingredients. He then placed the bottles in front of the girl.

She took out one from each bottle, and placed them one-by-one in the bowl, creating a blue mixture.
Tom leaned to look at the result. "And that is perfect, Miss.Wallis." he was impressed.

"Why don't you call me by my name?" she said after a moment of silence.

Tom raised an eyebrow. "I figured it would be quite impolite to call you by your surrname. And I don't fancy when people call me by my name, which also applies to you."

"I always called you by your name. Why the sudden change?"

"I like respect, Miss.Wallis, for I have decided that I want people to treat me with it."

"Oh yeah? Well then, what should I call you?" she asked, leaning closer to Tom. So close, that they could feel their breaths on each other's faces. "I have a lot of names in my mind, Riddle, but I don't think you will approve of them."

"What's in your mind, then?" he asked, brushing a part of Julia's hair behind her ear.

"Let's see. I thought of Mr.Riddle, darling, sweetheart, Riddle, love,....daddy." she said, biting her lip.

An awkward silence dominated the two. Tom was the one to break it, only seconds later. "Riddle will do."

"Alright, Riddle." she pushed herself away from the boy, making him sigh in frustration. "Though, I don't think you deserve to be respected, considering the way you treat ladies." the girl said, while packing her books inside her bag.

Tom frowned, slightly raising his left eyebrow in confusion. "And why is that?"

Julia grabbed the door handle, and right before exiting, she answered. "You know the answer, Riddle, you just don't want to admit it."
And with that, she left the classroom, leaving Tom in deep thoughts and regret.

~

It was the end of another day at Hogwarts, leaving the students thinking the night will be the same, usual one.

If only they knew what was about to happen. . .