| 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐝 ➪ 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 |

Start from the beginning

"Whatever, (Y/N). I say get your stuff and leave. Call me if you need anything though, 'Kay?" she called out, walking into the back of her shop.

Anakin was still in his daze. Snapping in his face, I suppressed a sigh, and closed my hand down on his shoulder, "You were Watto's too, weren't you?"

He swallowed hard, then nodded, "Yeah. Is he still the devil-spawn I remember him as?"

"That's Watto," I smile sadly, "He plans on selling me to the Hutts, then it's game-over. I just wish I could finish making my droid before that. Apparently I leave tonight," I glanced at my watch and gasped; anxiety washing over my small form, "Shit! I'm late! He's gonna kill me!"

As I gathered all my stuff up, contemplating an excuse up in my head; Anakin grabbed my hand, "Wait, let me come with you. I could appeal to Watto. He helped me when my mother died, despite how much of a worm he normally is."

"Why do you want to help me so much, Master Jedi?" I asked again while slipping all the parts into my backpack, "As I said before, I'm just one insignificant slave."

Anakin shrugged, yet he didn't let go of my hand, "That's what I thought when I was a slave. That is what they teach you— you're useless unless you're working. That's the biggest lie ever told in the universe. Being free taught me that, and if I can help someone realize this, I won't give up that chance."

The feeling of his calloused hand on my equally-calloused hand sent goosebumps up my arms. Something about this silly Jedi just made me feel reckless— like nothing could hurt me. Even if I was in the thick of battle, I couldn't get wounded,

"What's your plan, Skywalker?" I asked, finally giving up my plan on getting back to Watto on time. It's a little too late for that now.

          "I could buy you from Watto," he shrugged, pulling out credits and causing me to roll my eyes, "What? It wouldn't be for real. It would free you though."

            "Couldn't you just swing around that laser sword of yours and make him give me up?" I halfway joked, yet I was halfway serious. I would do anything to see that Toydarian dead.

         Anakin stifled laughter and shook his head, "My friend, that is not the Jedi way. I'll just buy your freedom. On one condition."

         "What's that?" I asked, smirking. It's really hard to read this man's motives.

          He held his hand out for me to hold; both of us walking out of Sarah's store, "Come with me after I free you? I know some people who would love to have a mechanic like you. You are good with droids, right?"

           "I'm in the middle of building a droid right now. I'm sure he would be done by now if I had the materials available," I nodded, enjoying the attention this Jedi was giving me, "But yes, I'd consider myself a mechanic."

           The two of us shared sweet conversation as we headed down the dusty path. I asked why Anakin returned to Tatooine, which he smugly replied, 'Jedi Business.' Smart ass. Obviously he was waiting until I was free and pledged to the Republic to tell me. Understandable.

           As Watto's place came into sight, I stiffened up slightly, "I'm really happy you came when you did. Watto'll be pissed. Good to know I have a Jedi on my side."

            "Yeah, he won't touch you," he gripped my shoulder protectively, "You ready, or do you need a minute?"

             Sighing, I nod softly, "Yeah, let's go in."

           As we stepped foot into Watto's little shop, I could basically see the steam rising out of the small Toydarian's ears, "I'm not even going to ask what took you so long, because I don't care. Just continue cleaning, and if you even mutter an argue, that droid of yours will become furnace fuel."

           I gasped and nodded, placing my bag on the ground; immediately grabbing a broom and sweeping up some dirt that had piled up since I left,

          "Ani? Ani is that you?" Watto gasped in surprise as my accompaniment joined me in the store, "How may I help you, my boy?"

            Looking up from my work, I notice that Anakin is pointing right at me, "How much for the girl?"

           The smile on Watto's face suddenly faded, "I didn't know Jedi need slaves. She's not for sale."

            "She told me you're selling her to the Hutts later tonight. She's not reserved yet, and I have money. How much for the girl," Ani snapped. I could tell his patience for this specific Toydarian was small.

            Feeling intimidated, my slave-owner floated backwards slowly, "How much do you have on you?"

            "700 Credits." Jesus. He was willing to pay 700 Credits for me? He must really like me.

           Exchanging looks from him to me, Watto growled and snatched up Anakin's money bag, "Never come near my shop again, Anakin Skywalker, or you'll regret it."

             Smashing the broom on the ground, I grinned brightly, and jumped into the Jedi's arms, "Thank you so much!"

            I smashed my lips onto his; smiling into his surprise kiss. Separating from him, I giggle, "Sorry. You don't understand what you've done for me."

           "Yes I do," he softly replied, kissing my cheek, "Let's get your stuff."

           As the two of us were gathering up my small amount of clothes, and of course, my unfinished droid, an idea pops into my head, "You needed a CS-6 right?" I ask while jumping over Watto's desk, snatching one up in my hand, "He normally makes customers pay a lot for these, but I think you covered it."

           "Wow, you really didn't have to get this for me," he gushed, pushing the spark plug into his pocket.

             "And you didn't need to free me, yet here you are. My hero," I smiled, pushing another kiss to his lips.

March 24th, 2020
(moved to @ morgan_mwah on Tumblr)