| 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐝 ➪ 𝐀𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 |

Start from the beginning

            Sarah stifled a laugh, "I know this probably isn't the time, but that man keeps looking at you," she smiled and pointed behind my shoulder, "He's cute."

            There was a man poking around at some bits and items on some shelves. He indeed was handsome. Shaggy brown hair that curled down at his shoulders, gorgeous blue eyes, and a perfect set of dimples that revealed themselves when he allowed himself to smile in my direction,

           "Can we help you, sir?" I called out while spinning around in my seat, "We've got everything from screws to engines." Sarah's store was Watto's only competition.

         The mystery man looked up and blinked, "Yeah, actually. My droid needs a new spark plug. I've looked at all that you have in stock, but it's not the kind I use. Do you have any in the back?"

           Hopping out of my chair, I headed over and poked at all the merchandise, "What's wrong with these ones? They're durable and reliable."

           "I use the CS-6 brand. R2 and I tend to always get into a tight spot, so his spark plug needs to be reliable, or I could lose him in combat," the man commented, "You're right, they're good. Just not good enough."

          I cocked my eyebrows in confusion at the strange man's words, "Two questions. Combat? And CS-6? Only people participating in the Clone Wars require equipment that powerful," I placed my hands on my hips and squinted at him, "Who are you?"

          He moved his robe slightly to the left and smirks, "I'm Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. Nice to meet you. You're very intelligent on this topic. You own this store?" he asked, smirking at my shocked expression.

           "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), and no, this is Sarah's place. I help out when I'm allowed," I sighed, not wanting to give too much information out to this apparent Peace Keeper.

             "When you're allowed?" he asked, catching on, "...You're not a slave are you?"

          Sarah coughed and butted in at the right time, "Here you go, sir. Traditional Toydarian ale, imported from Toydaria."

          Anakin glared down at her, but gratefully accepted the ale, "Answer my question. Who owns you?"

           "Why do you care, Master Jedi?" I huffed while turning around, suddenly feeling very out of place and embarrassed, "You have everything. Why care about a single insignificant slave?"

           He slowly grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back around. Staring right into this Jedi's eyes was almost hypnotic, "Because I was a slave too. My mother died as a slave, and as a young boy, I promised to never let that happen again."

           I gulped roughly, "Wasn't expecting that. How'd you escape?"

          "A Jedi by the name of Qui-Gon Jinn betted on me. He won and saved my life, his apprentice trained me to become a Jedi. You're too intelligent to be a slave. We could use you at the Republic Academy," Anakin blundered out; Sarah and I exchanging confused eye contact,

"What makes you think I'll leave with you?" I asked, "And who says Watto will even let me go?"

At that name, Anakin's face turned a ghostly white. He looked like he needed to throw up before he could continue with his day, "So that's who owns you," he whispers, going into a daze.

"This Jedi is weird," Sarah whispered into my ear, "I'll cause a distraction, and you run."

I humorously batted her away, "I think he's sweet. He gives me hope, because someone as important to the galaxy as him started out as a slave too. Maybe there is a future for me."