5

After trying again and again, Eren still couldn't get the technique correct. Everyone in the cabin was trash-talking him and they didn't care if he could hear them. He is always giving such a sad aura, while spacing out. "Eren, don't let their trash talk get to you. You still have tomorrow to get better" You convinced. He finally snapped out of his mind and just looked down

"I'm so pathetic. At this rate, I'll never be able to slaughter them all" he said with a sad tone. Mikasa only looked at him. "You should just forget about that" Mikasa replied.

You were shocked that she said that, especially when Eren wasn't in a great mood. "I said you should forget about becoming a soldier. There's more fighting than throwing your life away"

Eren didn't accept her opinion and immediately lashed back at her "Have you forgotten all the anguish I endured that day? Do you seriously think I'll give up that easily?" He yelled back at his sister. You bravely interrupted their debating and gave out your opinion about the situation. "Eren, it's got nothing to do about how determined you are" Eren looked at you and also instantly asked "What? why?"

"Because whether you can become a soldier or not isn't your decision" You replied, Eren was shocked at your answer and how calm you were about the situation. With everything going on you only shrugged it off. Of course you supported Eren and his feelings but, sometimes he gets a bit reckless on handling the situation.

Then the bell rang signalling time for eating was up. You grabbed your plate and went out. Eren and Armin were also leaving, without anyone knowing Mikasa was still lecturing Eren. You wanted to tell her but, at the end you just left.

- - -

Eren and Armin were asking the people around them about how to master the maneuver gear. Everyone just laughed at them. Finally they went to ask Reiner and Bertolt, but just like everyone else they themselves don't have any good tips to tell and kept silent. Just as they were about to leave, Bertolt stopped them and wanted to ask something. "Both of you are from Shiganshina, right?" The black haired. Armin hummed in response.

"Then you two should know first hand on how dreadful the titans are. Why would you want to become soldiers?" Bertolt asked, he was very serious about the questions, reason unknown.

Eren and Armin looked at each other. "Unlike Eren, I haven't seen the horror of the titans with my own eyes. But, after witnessing the monarchy's insane attempt on recovering the wall, I just couldn't stand by and do nothing" Armin explained. Then, he asked the two the same question.

"Reiner and I are from a small mountain village south-east of Wall Maria" Bertolt started, the two friends were shocked at his response. "Unlike the bustling riverside towns, our village didn't get word quickly. The Titans themselves arrived before the news did" Bertolt added.

- - -

The following day was the day, where Eren is tested to see if he is accepted to the team or will he get sent to the wastelands. 'I'll do it.. I have to do it. I might not have the talent but, I'm more determined than anyone else here' He thought to himself. Slowly he was lifted from the ground under the Commander's command.

'I don't know the theory, I don't know the basics. But, it's all I've got. This is my weapon' He confidently smiled and he was managed to stay still. Everyone was happy and was cheering for him including you. Finally he will be able to fulfill his dream. Suddenly, he wobbled back and forth not being able to stay still on the gear. Eren turned upwards again and nearly hit his head.

Being reckless as always he tried to get his balance baack but, couldn't. "Let him down" The commander commanded. You felt a feeling of shame and sadness for Eren. It wasn't you but, you still pitied him. He was crying and begging to have a second try. "Wagner, lend Jaeger your belt" You didn't understand what the point on switching belt was and just continued to watch the scene unfold. Eren was given a second chance on the gear and surprisingly didn't fell like he usually did.

Apparently the belt Eren was wearing was broken. The metal fitting on the belt was damaged. 'Eren succeeded even when his gear was damaged. That boy sure does have talent' You thought to yourself. Eren was beyond happy on his achievement. He looked at you and Mikasa, giving the both of you a challenging stare.

'See that Y/N, Mikasa? I can do it!' Eren thought happily to himself and you smirked at him back. "He's challenging you with his eyes"

 Armin pointed out and you simply smiled while Mikasa said "Now that we don't have to be separated, he's relieve" You could't hold back a chuckle while gaining Mikasa and Armin's attention. "Well let's see"