Chapter 7

I dreamed about a vast plain.

Blue and white mountains below a clear blue sky with no clouds covered the background of a giant tree standing far away in front of me. The grass I was standing in was a bright green, like it was watered constantly. The grass spread across the plain, and I spotted a few small flowers that each had their own large area of grass between them. Butterflies fluttered around them like fairies in a fairy fountain.

After taking in the beautiful scenery, I saw a small figure sitting at the base of the tree. I could tell that it was a child from its size, but I couldn't tell who it was. I started to walk closer to see while being very cautious about it.

Once I was about fifteen feet from the kid, he looked up. I gasped in fear, widening my eyes. The child had Majora's Mask on. I tried to turn and run, but all of a sudden a powerful force kept me from moving at all by squeezing my arms to my sides like I was tied up. I struggled against it, but with no luck.

A bright flash went into my eyes, and I was at the base of the tree, right in front of the child wearing the demonic mask. I stopped struggling, and stared down at him in fear. He started to talk. "Hello, Sakura." The child was a young boy from the way his voice was. "How are you?" I didn't answer, just gave him an angry expression. He ignored it. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced. I am Majora."

"Yes, I know," I said. "How could I forget that mask after what it's done to me?"

"Ahh, yes. How do you like your new look? Pretty impressive power, huh? Although it does make me a little disappointed that that witch of a Great Fairy gave you that spell holder. Honestly! It ruined all my fun!"

"Change me back!" I yelled. "I am not your toy! You can't keep me this way forever!"

"Oh, I think I can. But..." He looked away, and my anger turned into confusion. "If you are able to do something for me, I guess I can still have some fun with you as a full blown human again." He started to walk around me, but I kept my eyes straight in front of me. "That boy has been really making me frustrated with his way of cheating. He's taken three of my players already! If he gets the last one, I could lose in my own game, and that definitely wouldn't be any fun." He stopped in front of me again, the yellow eyes glaring. "Make him stop cheating, and I will let you become you again."

Even though he was talking game talk, I knew exactly what he was talking about. Link said that he wasn't going to stop at anything to save me, even if it was me. The only way I could make him stop was by putting an arrow through him.

And that was not what I was going to do at all.

I clenched my fists with anger. "You really are a demon, aren't you?" He cocked his head to the side. "Did you really think that I was going to give in to your way of winning? I'm not on your side! Link will save that last giant that your player has locked up, and when he does, you'll be sorry you ever gave me that monster form! He will slice your little purple face to slivers, and HE will break the curse!" I didn't feel scared at all when I yelled this. I was a piece of his little game, which made me want to rip him to shreds. I gave him my own glare. "Nothing will happen to Termina, because he will save it!"

The child humphed. "He has no idea what he is dealing with. Do you think that you can stop me for how powerful I am? Think again!" All of a sudden, darkness surrounded me, making the child disappear. Only the glowing yellow eyes were all I could see. My anger changed to fear again. "As long as my mask has power, the curse will never be broken!"

~~~

"Sakura!" I gasped awake, sitting up. It took me a minute to recognize that I was in the log. That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned my head slowly to look at who it was. I sighed in relief and closed my eyes, pushing myself up to a sitting position on the wood. I was back in Termina with Link and Tatl. "What happened?"