Chapter 5

I opened my eyes in surprise to an unfamiliar voice. I turned to where the man was looking as well, and I saw a blonde-haired young boy about my age dressed in a green tunic and brown boots. He also wore a pointed green hat that hung down onto the sword and shield he carried on his back, with a brown belt that held the sword and was draped over his chest. Another brown belt with a silver buckle also went around his waist. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Let her go, Sakon." Huh? He knew this man?

"Or what?" He asked in a mocking voice.

The boy gave him a serious look, and he unsheathed his long sword to threaten him. "Remember what happened last time? Don't make me do it again, only this time you'll lose one of those thieving hands of yours."

The man let me go then, along with my necklace. I let out a breath of relief as he ran off, keeping that annoying grin on his face. I stared after him in anger.

The boy in green then walked up to me, and I noticed a white fairy was flying up next to his head. I smiled when he stopped in front of me. "Thank you," I said. "I thought I was done for."

"No problem," he replied. He looked at the man who disappeared into town. "That was Sakon. He's a no good greedy thief around here. He'll take anything in order to sell it to the black market for money." His blue eyes looked back into mine. "But I'm glad I was here before he could do it again." He smiled. "I don't think I've seen you around here. What's your name?"

"Sakura," I answered sweetly. "What's yours?"

"It's Link. Nice to meet you!" He held out his hand, and before I could shake it, the white fairy flew up between our faces.

"Link, we're wasting time!" she exclaimed. "There are two more we need to save before the moon is supposed to fall! We need to get moving!"

"This is Tatl." He lost his smile. "Sorry for her attitude. She doesn't like strangers."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I could almost see the steam come off the top of her as she flew up and down. "All I want to do is save my little brother! Hurry up!" She then disappeared into his hat in anger.

I giggled. "Is she always that steamy?"

"Unfortunately." He turned his head to the right, looking at the ocean. "I have to go. You may want to get back into town before-" He turned his head back as he said this.

He gasped, widening his eyes. I creased my forehead in confusion. "What?"

"Where did you get that quiver?" he asked, and I looked behind me at the Hylian crest.

"Oh, um. I'm not actually from here. I came from a place called-"

"Hyrule," he finished, making me gasp in surprise.

"Y-yes," I couldn't believe the conversation we were having. "How did you know about the Hylian crest?"

"Because I came from Hyrule. And, I also have the royal family crest too." He started to rummage through his tunic, and pulled out a blue ocarina. "Look." I leaned over, and sure enough, there was a small pyramid of three golden triangles on the mouthpiece of the instrument.

I laughed in happiness, and felt a wave of hope go through me. That's when I remembered my reason for saving this place. "Hey, you wouldn't have happened to just come down from the mountain, did you?"

"Yeah. I actually just came back down from breaking the curse up there. There was an endless winter, so all of the Gorons were about to freeze to death. But I saved them, and now they're rejoicing because Spring has arrived there."