Chapter 3

Severus had arrived at his chambers earlier than he had foreseen. His first-day teaching after the war went better than expected but still, he felt a strong headache he had hoped Ana would cure with her lovely kisses, but when he searched for her in every part of their chambers, she was nowhere to be seen. That was the first day they had to spend more than four hours apart since he returned to her after one month of interrogations in the Ministry of Magic. They simply remained in their house, tangled in each other's arms, healing together. Ana soon after began her studies to become a healer under Pomfrey's mastership but Severus would visit her every time she had a break. So that day he felt slightly anxious for not seeing Ana all day, even though he had strived to dismiss such thoughts, by terrorizing a few first years.

He had missed his classes. Even though he felt a pinch of hatred towards the intolerable and arrogant kids, he had missed it. The feeling of relinquishing his knowledge to others, watching them succeeding, or failing miserably because they are mind-limited beings. He truly had missed such feelings.

But regardless of that, he had missed even more his Ana. He picked a book from the shelf and sat on the couch, reading it, but not actually paying attention to what he was reading as he was anxious about her return. 

Severus felt stupid and like a teenager in love, but the feeling was so genuine and good that he did not care about how he might seem. He was well aware Ana felt precisely the same, and that was that honestly mattered to him.

What he loves the most is her ability to spread joy in every room she walks in. Everyone sees that and notices the difference when she's around. That was exactly what he needed in his life and never he imagined it would feel like he was in heaven.

The chamber's door was opened slowly and a very focused Ana walked in, her eyes glued to some papers she was holding in her hand.

Severus' heart was flustered at the sight, the way she curls one side of her lips when she's focused and how she narrows her eyes as she tries to process something in her head. He didn't speak or moved, though. He just observed her until she noticed him sitting on the couch. Her expression melted him, as her face lightened up all of a sudden and her eyes glistered.

"Hi! How was your first day?" She asked, walking towards him and sitting on his lap.

"It's becoming better now," Severus said, pressing his lips against hers. Ana cocked a brow, waiting for him to properly answer her question and Severus smirked. "I terrified a few first students."

"Then it went great," she said, rolling her eyes. 

"One can say it went better than I anticipated," Severus admitted, waiting for Ana to say that he was unnecessary anxious in the morning and so on. But she didn't. Instead, she cupped his cheeks and kissing him, taking away all his anxiety for not being with her the whole day. When he pulled away, he gazed up at her with his eyes filled with lust, but he fought hard to ignore the sensations she gives him. He cleared his throat. "How was your day?"

Smiling at him, Ana got up from his lap and grabbed Harry's letter.

"The usual. But I had received a letter. It's from Harry," she handed him the letter and waiting impatiently for him to finish it.

Severus raised his head at her, his expression was unreadable.

"I reckon you want to go," he said, making her furrow her brows.

"Obviously. Don't you want to go? You thought you and Harry were on good terms now," Ana said.

"I suppose."

"Hey," Ana whispered, returning to his lap, straddling her arms around his neck. "If you don't want to go, I won't force you. I go where you go. I remember the day you came back to me after being interrogated by the Ministry of Magic, we said we'd never be apart. If you don't want to go, I'll stay here with you."